• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

i have ebay set up to notify me of lightning and trophy new listings

im always watching haha

also has any body ever put buggy arms on a truggy if so whats it like ?

Edited by hoggles94

If you run it low it's like running a stretched out buggy but if you run it high it's terrible it's not just arms that need changing it's cvd's as well as upper links and steering links etc

Is it worth the expense no is it worth a go if you have a buggy to hand why not that's what I did

As for shocks I used pulse buggy rear shocks on the front and rear of my truggy and used hellfire springs I think I used reds on the rear on yellow springs up front, ran like I star !! :)

If you run it low it's like running a stretched out buggy but if you run it high it's terrible it's not just arms that need changing it's cvd's as well as upper links and steering links etc

Is it worth the expense no is it worth a go if you have a buggy to hand why not that's what I did

As for shocks I used pulse buggy rear shocks on the front and rear of my truggy and used hellfire springs I think I used reds on the rear on yellow springs up front, ran like I star !! :)

just wondered cos i think i have everything i need to do it i might just try it for a laugh haha

sounds like a limo, ie: crap turning.  speed runs could be fun though :)

hey deafty what bl set up did you run in yours im converting

Leopard 4282 2000kv on 5s 14t pinion  (very 'beasty motor') 4280 doesn't have the cooling fins  fyi.

Xerun 150a

5s nanotechs 5000mah (bricks)

Hardened diff gears, alu diff cases, 17mm conversion blah blah,.

if running 4s go up to 2200kv ;)

Think twice about the conversion though mate,. yes it's worth it but for the cost u can get a better brand model for not much more ;)

• Like 1

i know the cost is daft but im too attached to my trophy haha

and i already have hardend gears ali diff cases are in the post 17 mm converted cvd's all round pluss a smattering of edit parts including servo saver haha steering servo is savox 1257tg

Edited by hoggles94

sounds like the go ahead to me. :)

what motor mount u going with?

oh and 7075 chassis' were on hpi cleance corner, not sure now though :shockingscary:

one step ahead of you on that one already has it :P

maybe a castle 1515

hopefully a custom machined motor mount measurements taken from from the edit dif mount lookin similar to the rc monster one

this chassis

http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=101202

it has no filiting

castle 1515 2200 kv motor

quicrun 150a esc

Just recently came into a hpi haul of goodies, the Truggy is the Flux and the Buggy is running the 3.5.

Really chuffed with them and their performance however I've found the steering servos to be made of cheese!

IMAG0010_zpsc1nabss_edit_1408649458148_z

Edited by sean-vrs
  • Like 2

Just recently came into a hpi haul of goodies, the Truggy is the Flux and the Buggy is running the 3.5.

Really chuffed with them and their performance however I've found the steering servos to be made of cheese!

yea its a common thing for the rubbish steering servos most common thing done is you put the steering servo on throttle and breaks and get a savox 1256tg on the steering

Edited by hoggles94
  • Like 2

I had my trophy 3 days when it decided to chew up the steering servo, gears are made of chocolate.

I have been thinking lately of getting the Truggy Flux, how is it for a RC leccy noobie?

hopefully a custom machined motor mount measurements taken from from the edit dif mount lookin similar to the rc monster one

this chassis

http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=101202

it has no filiting

castle 1515 2200 kv motor

quicrun 150a esc

I hope you know a good fabricator to make the motor mount LOL

The 1515 is a plenty strong enough motor even for heavier trucks like my Erevo :yes:

When deafty refers to drilling the chassis I think he means for the battery trays :thumbsup:

I hope you know a good fabricator to make the motor mount LOL

The 1515 is a plenty strong enough motor even for heavier trucks like my Erevo :yes:

When deafty refers to drilling the chassis I think he means for the battery trays :thumbsup:

im a fabricator but its getting cnc machined

ahhh makes sense now

can anybody tell me please, what is the basic difference between the trophy truggy flux and the vorza, also at the moment im very happy running the trophy on 4s but i do have a mamber monster for 6s running is this an easy fit and will the truggy take it?

thanks sean

Had an accident today. Turned my trophy flux on and it shot off full speed. Bounced off a wall then straight into the washing line pole :( don't know why and this is the damage. What parts will I need please??

what does your chassis look like ?

Bent I imagine :whistling:

can anybody tell me please, what is the basic difference between the trophy truggy flux and the vorza, also at the moment im very happy running the trophy on 4s but i do have a mamber monster for 6s running is this an easy fit and will the truggy take it?

thanks sean

mamba monster can be fitted but I believe it to be to big for the stock esc tray.  Solution remove tray, use servo tape or the likes and maybe a cable tie for good measure. Vorza has several upgraded parts (CVD's for 1) just compare them on the HPI site ;)

What are you considering in comparison to the vorza?

thanks sean

A whole load of cash !!!! :tease:

Better chassis, better shocks, better diffs, better motor, better esc, better all round really hence the price difference  :thumbsup: is it worth the extra i'd say YES as time you buy a trophy and then upgraded it it would have cost you more in the long run 

A whole load of cash !!!! :tease:

Better chassis, better shocks, better diffs, better motor, better esc, better all round really hence the price difference  :thumbsup: is it worth the extra i'd say YES as time you buy a trophy and then upgraded it it would have cost you more in the long run

my first impressions of the truggy are good, im just waiting on a servo as the standard failed after 5-6 packs