• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

Says they are for the buggy if I'm not mistaken..... truggy just has dogbones!?

This part is for the CENTER not where the dogbones go Its from the rear diff to the centre diff

Rusty this is not an upgrade fella its a stock part

Deafty cant help you on the shafts but as for the body washers you can use m8 nylon washers check on eBay for them.. Or just make them from an old black plastic bottle.. use a body reamer to get a nice fit .. I make mine this way i cut an oval then ream the center that way the clips dont mark the shell and has more of an area if you have an impact so save your shell

Q's:

• Where can u get the plastic body washers for the outside of the body from? (Not really interested in the full body mount kit that contains 2 of em) I do want to have em, the shape accomodates the body clips better than alternative solutions
  • Are there any suppliers for front universal joint steering shaft only. (don't really need cvd's)
  • Can I get only the ball that houses TT front brace rod? Misplaced my 3 spares!

Nice mate, you're so close! :D

As far as I'm aware, the plastic body washers do not exist as an individual purchase. I've searched high & low for them myself and just ended up using the foam body washers instead. Bit better to be honest, as completely stops any wear on the shell. Just annoying that you need to wash them every now and then. :lol:

I've just fitted the badlands combo to mine, I think it look great.

u6equ6uq.jpg

They look the mutts mate! :thumbsup:

Nice mate, you're so close! :D

As far as I'm aware, the plastic body washers do not exist as an individual purchase. I've searched high & low for them myself and just ended up using the foam body washers instead. Bit better to be honest, as completely stops any wear on the shell. Just annoying that you need to wash them every now and then. :lol:

They look the mutts mate! :thumbsup:

They do look good don't they!!! I've not used it since I went out with you guys last year, what better way to get back into it than get new wheels and tyre's

I've just fitted the badlands combo to mine, I think it look great.

u6equ6uq.jpg

yeah they look sweet ....nice was a bit worried they would be to big but they look mean... was going to order them today but will just wait until Monday since its the weekend.

They do look good don't they!!! I've not used it since I went out with you guys last year, what better way to get back into it than get new wheels and tyre's

Corr blimey! We'll have to arrange another meet soon and put those tires through their paces! :lol:

yeah they look sweet ....nice was a bit worried they would be to big but they look mean... was going to order them today but will just wait until Monday since its the weekend.

I thought they were to big when I opened the box but there not much bigger than stock.

This part is for the CENTER not where the dogbones go Its from the rear diff to the centre diff

On my truggy the dogbones are standard ( hpi 101065 & 101162) & the hpi 101128 is a upgrade.

i also found this part http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/68381/

Look at this page and you will see it is standard parts http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/parts.php?partNo=101705&type=STD

The normal dog bone driveshafts are there

Now look at this page http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/parts.php?partNo=101705&type=OPT

Optional parts list, what I see there are all optional, ie upgrades not standard. I see the cvd's there not driveshafts.

Edited by Rusty1103

On my truggy the dogbones are standard ( hpi 101065 & 101162) & the hpi 101128 is a upgrade.

i also found this part http://www.wheelspin....co.uk/i/68381/

Think i may have misunderstood what you want .. This part you have linked to is for the center driveshaft running from the rear diff to the center diff .. And yes it is an upgrade

But it will not work as a rear cvd running from the rear diff to the axle if that is what you meant

sorry guys a bit of topic here but does anybody race there buggys . I have the trophy truggy and savage x4.6 and love them both truggys great for control and speed with a bit of bashing and the savage is a great bit of fun. but I want to get into racing and was looking into buggys I like the look of the losi eight 2.0 but not sure what would be a good entry level buggy and not sure if electric or nitro is best meaning is there better races out there for electric or nitro. anybody any thoughts on this gonna keep it like a shelf queen just for racing but could do with a bit of advice... cheers .....

sorry guys a bit of topic here but does anybody race there buggys . I have the trophy truggy and savage x4.6 and love them both truggys great for control and speed with a bit of bashing and the savage is a great bit of fun. but I want to get into racing and was looking into buggys I like the look of the losi eight 2.0 but not sure what would be a good entry level buggy and not sure if electric or nitro is best meaning is there better races out there for electric or nitro. anybody any thoughts on this gonna keep it like a shelf queen just for racing but could do with a bit of advice... cheers .....

Your probably best starting a thread in a more general area of the forum.The losi eight is a good entry level buggy for racing but your get more info if u ask the question elsewhere.....

hebby dear sir i must say that is some fantastic looking buggy you have there :yes: It jumps like a dream .. Wish i had such a great buggy just like that !!

Good to see you putting it through its paces.. jumps well you think?? must say it seems kind of funny seeing some one else driving your buggy and filming it almost make me feel sad.. Oh well onwards and upwards i say ..

Scratched the stampede idea.. Instead gonna do a DIY quadcopter just got to wait 3-4 weeks for the hobbyking order to come :thumbsup:

• Like 1

hebby dear sir i must say that is some fantastic looking buggy you have there :yes: It jumps like a dream .. Wish i had such a great buggy just like that !!

Good to see you putting it through its paces.. jumps well you think?? must say it seems kind of funny seeing some one else driving your buggy and filming it almost make me feel sad.. Oh well onwards and upwards i say ..

Scratched the stampede idea.. Instead gonna do a DIY quadcopter just got to wait 3-4 weeks for the hobbyking order to come :thumbsup:

Yeah mate it jumps better than any rc iv had :-)

Can wait to get it to the proper bash spot see how it goes on the dirt and mud jumps :-0

And again nice one mate it's an awesome buggy and well looked after ;-)

very nice buggy great jumping

Cheers fella :-)

Nice vid, nice buggy, nice jumping,. :)

Stuck on road tyres on the truggy and took it to a massive unused car park today, managed to strip my spur gear damn it
How are the bearings?

------------------ --------------- ---------------

Does anyone have info on this from the hellfire?

86569_01m.jpg

8x132mm Now if I'm not mistaken the TT stock is 132mm can any one confirm please.

Note: This is a wheel drive shaft

And on the subject what do we know about hellfire cross compatibility?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If anyone wants to upgrade to 7075 chassis heres one

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Edited by Deafty

Your probably best starting a thread in a more general area of the forum.The losi eight is a good entry level buggy for racing but your get more info if u ask the question elsewhere.....

yeah thanks mate just though i would ask as alot of people on here would have experience with buggys 2. i know its an HPI thread so i though it was worth a try.if you dont ask you dont find anything out.. but cheers loved the vid of your buggy jumping they just sem more stable in the air and i love th look of them. desperate to get a race ready or race roller to hop up and tune for racing...

i know my posts only says 11 posts but i was on a diffrent thread a year back and had over a thousand posts on my revo but sold it and got my tt 4.6 spent a fortune on upggraes such as humpack , savox sevos x2 new jp-4 pipe, hex conversion some carbon fibre upgrades, edit rear toe in bracket, integy twin intake air filter, alloy shock caps, edit front knuckles (think thats what they called) fuel filter , fuel cooler,3 long life clutch, 17t savage vented clutch bell, fuel cap pulley, closed wheel nuts, new servo arms, all new purple nuts, all new stainless steel hex screws all over, 8t mudguards, super strong thread in my pull start, new red fuel tubes, new fly wheel, new diff oil, new shjock oil, and many more upgrades. will be buying the 3.8 inch proline badlands and desperado heels on monday bit expensive but worth the expense also spectrum dx3c and reciever, also temp gun, and other bit and bobs. will take some photos.

also what is the strongest springs for the stock shock on the hpi trophy truggy as mine are starting to droop.even with double spacer at the back and one at the front.

Edited by steph69

http://www.modelspor...-products/39532

http://www.modelspor...-products/26599

o.uk/picco-p3-monster-.28-pullstart/rc-car-products/25291

http://www.modelspor...products/368112

still more to come thse are what i am going to buy this week, any advice guys.... chers steph just realised th first link is not the right on i am going for the next one up.

Edited by steph69

I have a spektrum radio for the simple fact i have a lot of trucks and it was a gift.. But if you only have like 1 or 2 i'd not spend a fortune on a radio it wont make your driving get any better .. Dont get me wrong spektrum is a great radio set hence why i got one, but for just bashing around there are a few cheaper ones that have the same functions and about half the price.. If your only bashing you truck around you wont really see the benefits of such a complex bit of kit to be honest.. The one in your link the DX3c is a nice bit of kit and for folks who just go bashing in general, who may take to the track a few times a year this is fine. Honestly save yourself some cash fella and stick to the one in the link..

Those badlands are fantastic i love mine bit heavy so watch your temps .. Oh and i found that they love to dig in when cornering at speed and flip you over so i take of every other lug on the inner and outer side just alternate it with each other makes a huge difference .. but that just me :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Following on from mydoddy, i agree around the radio gear, Speky stuff is great, amazing even but will you actually benefit from using all the functions, plus the cost of extra receivers.

At the other end of the scale a lot of people (myself included) use FlySky GT3B (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FS-GT3B-2-4G-3CH-Transmitter-w-Receiver-For-RC-Car-/221018435827?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3375b9b0f3) or FS GT3C (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flysky-FS-GT3C-FS-GT3C-2-4G-3CH-RC-System-w-TX-battery-USB-Cable-Upgraded-GT3B-/200752163775?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item2ebdc2ebbf) Great sepc on these radio's too!

Receivers are under

• Like 1

I have used that FS GT3C and it is an amazing bit of kit for the money packed full of features, more than most folks will use.. A few of my mates have the FLY SKY GT3b and i'll be quite honest with you and say sometimes i wish i had one .. They don't worry so much about a few puddles if there receiver gets a little damp as there just so cheap.. Me on the other hand have to make sure mine are in balloons or what not which sometimes is a PITA