• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

I do high speed bashing with my individual driving style. And it wasn't my fault regarding the storm drain, little bits and fat fingers don't mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The buggy has taken some serious abuse over the last few days and other than the shocks and a front camber link it's always come back fighting strong!

I've gone through 5 shocks this week, 1 front and 4 rears!! The front was caused by a head on collision with my friends Firestorm, entirely understandable. One rear looked like a banana and the other sheared off at the thread after a couple of nasty 1 wheel landings which I'm fine with. The last 2 I have no idea what happened, I did a few "warm up" jumps, nothing crazy, when I noticed it sitting low at the rear. Upgrades needed me thinks! Pics and video to come soon :)

4 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

The last 2 I have no idea what happened, I did a few "warm up" jumps, nothing crazy, when I noticed it sitting low at the rear. 

Poxy 3mm thick shock shafts, that's what happened :angry:

Blimey! The ground where you were bashing at must have been really unforgiving. I think that's why I prefer grass fields, and even then I don't do much jumping. A couple of feet in the air will do me haha!

I'm using the HPI Big Bores now... not cheap at all...

I look forward to the vid...

In the meantime, here's a short one of me trying a new spot. I don't have a camera man, so it's just a gopro on the floor:-

Trying to turn the car while it's in the air doesn't work :D

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Wraithstorm67 said:

A wonder the camera is still in one piece there matey lol

Yeah, them gopro cameras do take some stick :D ... At least the Hero 3 does anyway... Don't know about the latest one...

47 minutes ago, Wraithstorm67 said:

You should over to liverpool sometime for a bash a few of us meet up at weekends

That sounds like a plan... Where abouts do you bash?

We've been going to Wigg Island lately, just because you park on the car park there and the field is right in front of you. We're all a bit knackered... Me with my knees, the missus can't walk far and our dog is 15!

We need a change though...

Won't be able to make it today, but keep me posted and we'll come down. We're staying local today just cos we need to be back home early...

cheers

andy

21 minutes ago, RestInPieces said:

Snapped my first driveshaft today, landed the truggy on the front right side after doing a jump! Totally uncontrollable in 3wheel drive mode emoji23.png

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191820134754?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Oooops. My last set. £25 incl u.k. shipping, non fee'd or +fees if you want them.

35 minutes ago, RestInPieces said:

Snapped my first driveshaft today, landed the truggy on the front right side after doing a jump! Totally uncontrollable in 3wheel drive mode emoji23.png

If they're the same as the buggy I have a spare you can have for a fiver plus post

14 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

Still no video but here are a few screen grabs

LOL! You truly know the meaning of "Bash" :D

I've been thinking about your shocks damage (the bending of the shafts) and I'm puzzled as to how that happened. In each case the shocks would have been pretty much fully extended on impact but then not have had a chance to compress. So must have been a pretty sharp angle, if you know what I mean, and thereby somehow causing the shaft to jam in place and bending instead if moving back into the main cylinder.

What is amazing me with these buggies is how durable they seem at time, especially the suspension arms, which seem to survive while all the metal bits are bending or even snapping :D

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sully said:

I done same thing last night at work, it wasn't the best of landings!8df4266459b6702177f449ceb63ffaf5.jpg

Is that there new banana shock there  brining out?:lol:. ..pre bent. .So u  dont have to...:lol:

Edited by evssv