• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

8 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

I think I've hit every obstacle there at some point, including the massive pillar! They just seem to jump out at at you :D

And, in a way, I suppose this adds to the excitement and thrill of bashing. I just need to convince myself of that :D

Running around a big field is getting a bit boring and I'm thinking of at least taking some small cones so I can at least make myself some "gates" to aim for...

6 hours ago, andy_m said:

And, in a way, I suppose this adds to the excitement and thrill of bashing. I just need to convince myself of that :D

Running around a big field is getting a bit boring and I'm thinking of at least taking some small cones so I can at least make myself some "gates" to aim for...

Get urself to a local bmx track. ..u will love it. :yes:....proper bumps  n jumps. ....its awesome!...its what they were designed for. ..ive had my hyper jumping  15-20ft...6-7ft off the ground ....clearing  2-3 jumps in the middle and landing it sweet.....obviously  not  ever time :lol:..my boys savage flux

Edited by evssv

3 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

I bought these a couple years back, I've never actually used them but I'm sure I'll get round to it one day lol - http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=301646883532&alt=web

Yep! Them's the ones I was thinking of. I used to have a load of yellow ones when I had a few years managing my lads football team but I donated them to the team when I left.

I'm thinking that this time I'm going to get red and green cones. Using boaty type rules, you pass a red cone to your left and a green cone to your right :)

57 minutes ago, evssv said:

Get urself to a local bmx track. ..u will love it. :yes:

We do have a BMX track, quite local, but, by all accounts, within minutes of starting your nitro engine peeps from nearby houses come and give you grief, saying that the BMX track is for kids on bikes. That's even when there's not a BMX'er in sight...

So, for that reason, I've not bothered trying it out yet. Perhaps one day...

1 minute ago, andy_m said:

Yep! Them's the ones I was thinking of. I used to have a load of yellow ones when I had a few years managing my lads football team but I donated them to the team when I left.

I'm thinking that this time I'm going to get red and green cones. Using boaty type rules, you pass a red cone to your left and a green cone to your right :)

Go and nick some roadworks cones :D 

Just now, dazp1976 said:

Go and nick some roadworks cones :D 

LOL! No chance mate :D

Many years back, when me an my mate were running our 1/10th scale cars, we "borrowed" a road cone. Session didn't last long cos I hit the bloomin' thing and it broke one of the suspension arms haha!

Not very forgiving at all :D

19 minutes ago, andy_m said:

LOL! No chance mate :D

Many years back, when me an my mate were running our 1/10th scale cars, we "borrowed" a road cone. Session didn't last long cos I hit the bloomin' thing and it broke one of the suspension arms haha!

Not very forgiving at all :D

That's what I mean. It will teach you to avoid stuff :D 

Unlike some people. Caugh caugh... Sully :whistling:

8 hours ago, andy_m said:

We do have a BMX track, quite local, but, by all accounts, within minutes of starting your nitro engine peeps from nearby houses come and give you grief, saying that the BMX track is for kids on bikes. That's even when there's not a BMX'er in sight...

So, for that reason, I've not bothered trying it out yet. Perhaps one day...

surly theres  another near by away from moaners.:yes:....we got loads in and around Bristol...:good:

8 hours ago, evssv said:

surly theres  another near by away from moaners.:yes:....we got loads in and around Bristol...:good:

I've just done a ten minute search on google for BMX tracks near Warrington and it brings up the one I know in Sankey Valley Park and there's a concrete skate park in Victoria Park near the centre of town.

Nothing else is showing up...

I need to look further afield methinks :)

4 hours ago, andy_m said:

I've just done a ten minute search on google for BMX tracks near Warrington and it brings up the one I know in Sankey Valley Park and there's a concrete skate park in Victoria Park near the centre of town.

Nothing else is showing up...

I need to look further afield methinks :)

Concrete is fun..but a car  killer :good:

1 minute ago, evssv said:

Concrete is fun..but a car  killer :good:

Yep. Especially landing it wrong :D 

Got a chip on my shoulder this morning. How much run time you guys getting from your kit on grass surface?

I saw a newb told that on a 5000mah 30C in a Truggy would get 20-30mins off road. BS. Then told a 50watt charger is plenty to charge a 4s. Bigger BS.

I get 10mins on grass. 20+ on concrete/gravel.

14 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

Another day another bash spot.

Yeah, another excellent looking spot there, and handy for the parking too.

I'm going to have to get out and about and look for some better spots than the one I am currently using...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, andy_m said:

Yeah, anjumpr excellent looking spot t here, and handy for the parking too.

I'm going to have to get out and about and look for some better spots than the one I am currently using...

It's very convenient for parking but it's oh so tempting to jump the car while it's there :D

21 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

Yep. Especially landing it wrong :D 

Got a chip on my shoulder this morning. How much run time you guys getting from your kit on grass surface?

I saw a newb told that on a 5000mah 30C in a Truggy would get 20-30mins off road. BS. Then told a 50watt charger is plenty to charge a 4s. Bigger BS.

I get 10mins on grass. 20+ on concrete/gravel.

A 50 watt charger will charge a 4s it might take a while but it will do it ..

I use 5000mah packs in all my trucks etc my MTe gets around 25 minutes sometimes longer truggies get around 15/20 minutes or longer buggies can go for 20 minutes plus. All depends on your set up and how you use the throttle . If you have the throttle nailed open then of coarse they get used quick old packs also don't last long neither do packs that dont get used often, then there's how you look after them aswell happy packs will out perform packs that are abused ..

There are loads of variables to take into account so yes you could get 20-30 minutes from a pack in some cases 

I also run 5000mah 4s packs and runtime varies hugely by where I'm bashing. The vid I posted yesterday I got 10-15 minutes, lots of wide open spaces and WOT runs. The one I posted on Wednesday with lots of obstacles/less space I was getting 25+ minutes.

3 hours ago, Sully said:

Sound like I'm getting bullied, I'm reporting all of you to the administration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:boohoo:

It's only bs, no malice here :)  (not like many ******** on that Facebook & Twitter garbage)

Was it an entire shock you dropped down a storm drain last year? :P