• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

33 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

cracking bash site this ;) 

buggy held up well :) 

I'm spoilt for choice here, loads of places like this within a 20-30 minute drive. I need to replace a couple of the hingpin holders after that last crash, I'll post here before ordering to make sure I'm getting the right parts. Also managed to bend the chassis a little but it's all straightened out now thanks to a set of mole grips.

20160124_155829_zpsvjfbkaji.jpg

Here's how I clean mine - strip, shower, wd40 (or gt85), assemble :)

20160124_184508_zpsnpx5vfic.jpg

37 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

I need to replace a couple of the hingpin holders after that last crash, I'll post here before ordering to make sure I'm getting the right parts. Here's how I clean mine - strip, shower, wd40 (or gt85), assemble :)

20160124_184508_zpsnpx5vfic.jpg

GT-85 gets my vote. WD-40 can cause bearings to dry out into premature failure.

Looking a bit worrying about the alloy suspension holders :( Asiatees only have silver for the rear set:

http://www.asiatees.com/display?HPI-Trophy-3.5-Parts-Hop-Ups-Upgrades&brand=HPI&model=Trophy%203.5&id=26411&pid=1

Front set limited colours:

http://www.asiatees.com/display?HPI-Trophy-3.5-Parts-Hop-Ups-Upgrades&brand=HPI&model=Trophy%203.5&id=26409&pid=1

not much doin on the bay either!! Hope I don't break any of my green ones.

If you buy from Asiatees it's worth paying the extra $5 for gift option then no worries of import tax up to £45 order, I would have said get rear carriers too but they haven't had any for a while.

If it's just the one at the back of the front diff then you can use  #67384 - FRONT SUSPENSION BLOCK (FR)  from the Vorza, perfect. That's the only one I ever really broke anyway.

Edited by dazp1976
  • Like 1

Just a couple of daft questions, I noticed a lot of people are putting 3 clutch shoes one there truggy whats the benefit ?  I have tired to look but there a lot of pages lol. 

s and when turning corners fast or trying to do doughnuts the car wants to flip over, would replacing the shock oil help that ?  if so what weight do do you use. 

and finally steering seems to have a lot of slop in the ball links,  Coming from flying helicopters this is a big no no but is it normal on rc cars ? 

Just a couple of daft questions, I noticed a lot of people are putting 3 clutch shoes one there truggy whats the benefit ?  I have tired to look but there a lot of pages lol. 

s and when turning corners fast or trying to do doughnuts the car wants to flip over, would replacing the shock oil help that ?  if so what weight do do you use. 

and finally steering seems to have a lot of slop in the ball links,  Coming from flying helicopters this is a big no no but is it normal on rc cars ? 

I would say its common to have some slop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, RestInPieces said:

I would say its common to have some slop

Absolutely. I think the tolerence of the holes on the link ends isn't very good (too big) so the balls loosely wobble a bit in them giving the slop. Pretty poor really, should be a tighter fit so the balls are held firmly. Not much you can do unless you want to try some balls & ends off another brand.

Had a couple of hours out on Sunday, took the buggy and the savage, and for once the savage came back still working :lol: the trophy on the other hand was a little less successful. Not major biggies but annoying all the same, 10 mins in and the back wheel rolled off down the hill of it's own accord, bugger, couldn't find the nut so I had a spare one anyway. 10 mins later, same wheel dissappears off again :crying: couldn't find it this time and didn't have another spare with me. On the upside, it was fun while it lasted, and the savage was running like a beast 

15 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

Absolutely. I think the tolerence of the holes on the link ends isn't very good (too big) so the balls loosely wobble a bit in them giving the slop. Pretty poor really, should be a tighter fit so the balls are held firmly. Not much you can do unless you want to try some balls & ends off another brand.

...my balls wobble  a bit...:yes:..When there not firmly  held .....:lol:

Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, evssv said:

;)My baj balls  r quite  wobbly :yes:......probably  the plastics  more then me balls ...:yes:

Terrible :lol:

That's what I meant, the hole in the plastic ends where the ball snaps into is too big and it wobbles in there.

45 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

Front lower and I think the rear lower is missing one too. I'll get a pack of each, thanks.

Bolt on jobbies.

Front + rear 4mm inner proper job 109848 (uses 3mm nut)

Rear outer 3mm proper job: 68184 or Hobao 3x50 H90028 (uses 3mm nut)

Front outer nothing with good availability.

For nut and bolt mod minimum lengths required, longer can always be cut with dremmel.

Front + rear 4mm inner: M4 x 78mm + M4 nut

Rear outer: M3 x 50mm + M3 nut

Front outer: M3 x 40mm + M3 nut

Edited by dazp1976

11 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

Bolt on jobbies.

For nut and bolt mod minimum lengths required, longer can always be cut with dremmel.

Helpful as always, thanks. I'm going to go the nut and bolt route. So in total I'd need 8x M4 x 78mm, 2x M3 x 50mm and finally 2x M3 x 40mm plus nuts to suit. Is that right?

Just now, everclear1984 said:

Helpful as always, thanks. I'm going to go the nut and bolt route. So in total I'd need 8x M4 x 78mm, 2x M3 x 50mm and finally 2x M3 x 40mm plus nuts to suit. Is that right?

Yep. Only need 4 of the M4x78 tho. 2 at front and 2 at back. Won't get the exact size in those so cut down to suit :) 

• Like 1

Front lower and I think the rear lower is missing one too. I'll get a pack of each, thanks.

Bolt on jobbies.

Just ordered some bolts for this :)