• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

2 minutes ago, Sully said:

I could always send it back and go for a 150 version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iwould mate.....u deffinatly want a 150esc .......then u can go 5-6s if u want.....120 is only 4s.....either a xreun...ezrun...quicrun 150....any of them will b sweet....the quicrun is waterproof btw

Edited by evssv

1 hour ago, evssv said:

any hobbywing 150 esc and either a hobbywing/leopard/tenshock/ motor between 1900-2200kv should sweet for u.....:yes:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HobbyWing-RC-Car-1-8-QUICRUN-150A-ESC-4074-2000KV-Motor-Brushless-Combo-UK-Ship-/181992042645?hash=item2a5f923095:g:kmUAAOSwHPlWg5Mw

Like this you mean :) 

Not a fan of the LVC setting on hobbywing so I'd get a cheap little alarm and I recommend that yeah racing fan thingy, won't have to worry about a thing :) 

1 minute ago, evssv said:

my 4x hobwing lvc`s r fine..:yes:...all come off at 3.6..3.7volts....:thumbsup:...that combo would b fine

Sometimes mine came off below 3.7 resting. I need to stop running grass so much. I thought below 3.7 is not so good.

If the grass is longish it'll come off 3.75 ish, if the grass is cut it'll dip below 3.7, on tarmac it can hit 3.55 with same setting. If it had a setting for the odd numbers 3.3, 3.5 it wouldn't be so bad for me. I stuck with my sky rc ts150 in the end as I can set it to within 0.1 v ie 22.1, 22.2, 20.7, 20.4 etc for 6s. Unfortunately not wp tho.

Just now, evssv said:

no I only come off at that so storage charge is not far away....anything above 3.4volts is fine......

3.4v resting? That's around 10% capacity left on mine I try to stick around 20% remaining as a rule.

Have yours been o.k. drained to 3.4? if so I won't worry too much about dipping every so often. I always storage once back at room temp.

1 minute ago, evssv said:

no..i`m set at 3.6-7 when they come off....i thought lipos shouldn't go below 3.2volts per cell......so 3.4v to b safe...

From what I read they shouldn't go below 3.2v under load or below 3.7v resting or 20% capacity remaining resting.

When I first started I just read the 3.2v bit so ran until it was at 3.2v and it was puffed like a balloon after 5 runs oops!!!

21 minutes ago, evssv said:

Been there  done  that...never again!:lol: !

Why not?

I'm putting a nitro buggy together to poss run at the local club maybe (hot bodies D812 that's been run at Herts). Can't be doing with lugging a field battery for the charger. Prob not going to go with a hpi nitrostar v2, am looking around at the mo.

Far to much hassle compared  to brushless imo....:yes:.and  i spent years  with nitro ..Not juss a quik fad....but I've had more fun in  a year or 2 with  brushless then all the years with nitro. .....but i still  have a 5.2cc force in a 1/8th  lwb touring  car  only 2-3tanks old. ...it needs to b in sumin else  i thk:yes:

Edited by evssv

Hi fellas, long time :lol:

Lipos:

• Any cell falling below below 3.6V will have significantly increased deterioration of said cell.
  • Any cell falling below 3.0V is effectively dead.

3.4V Lvc is common due to the compromise of run time against extra 'wear'

From my experiences: I used to run down to 3.2V but I now get significantly longer lasting lipos by stopping at storage. My runtime solution is solved by having 1 more charged lipo.  In effect it simply costs less.

+++

1800-2000kv on 5s ftw!

4282 can is cooler running

I'd go a tenshock 6 pole over the quickrun if u plan on sensorloss.= smoother throttle ;)

:006:

10 minutes ago, Deafty said:

Hi fellas, long time :lol:

Lipos:

• Any cell falling below below 3.6V will have significantly increased deterioration of said cell.
  • Any cell falling below 3.0V is effectively dead.

3.4V Lvc is common due to the compromise of run time against extra 'wear'

From my experiences: I used to run down to 3.2V but I now get significantly longer lasting lipos by stopping at storage. My runtime solution is solved by having 1 more charged lipo.  In effect it simply costs less.

I try not to run below 3.75 ish per cell these days learned from mistakes. I don't get much run time out of a pack with my 1600 kv so I now have 6 of the 6s 5000mah zippy packs now! :D So with a 400w charger I bang 3 on in parallel at true 1C (15A) and I have 3 ready in under 40 mins from storage. I could do 4 but I like to leave some headroom on the charger. While I'm out the next 3 are on and ready by the time I'm done. Can run all day now if I want bar the 10 mins lipo cool down before they go back on :) 

Imagine trying to do that with a 50 or 80w charger lmao, can barely do a single 4s at 1C flat out!

Nice to see you Deafty :thumbsup:

• Like 1