• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

I'm hoping to get some bashing time on Sunday!! Thankfully it is the last Saturday work catchup tomorrow be glad to have my two day weekends back! Be good to see how the engine runs with the new exhaust (have retuned for it!!) mmnnmm bmx track mmmnmm lots of dirty mud!!!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sully said:

Just cleaned me truggy and put it away, I then noticed I've room for another car !!!!!! 7e81ce978764dddd9d5295e7792f43ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice :)

I kinda did the opposite and got it filthy today. I'm not looking forward to the cleanup tonight :(

20160116_113116-1_zpsvzqzewui.jpg

20160116_113019-1_zpsqnunokw8.jpg

20160116_112024_zpsldcwbvft.jpg

Edited by everclear1984
  • Like 1

Mudguards arrived today :026:

I am VERY impressed by that fact. Ordered last Saturday night from the US, arrived early this morning. Couldn't be arsed to mount them though, Garage is colder than my fridge. 5 days delivery time from the US to the UK for £1.30. :D

Considering that i had to wait around 5 weeks for the motors and ESCs for my drone, .. impressive. Now i have to figure out how to mount them best though (D8T mudguards).

2 hours ago, RestInPieces said:

W%7Boption%7Dhttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160116/3567a6e9450e7ad8acfdd4174ec5332b.jpg[/img

What do you guys think? They seem good so far. But will have to test them out. Also a tad harder springs

Lol springs are crap on these but there's sod all else that fits them even the hobbyking ones I use need tweaking to get them to fit :ack: 

Not convinced these are the way to go fella might take mine off and try getting hold of some pulse shocks 

18 hours ago, RestInPieces said:

The springs are alright, apparently hong nor 16mm springs work so will try to get some stiffer ones

Save your money they don't fit the mt shocks need a 21mm Spring  I can find 20 but no 21 :( 

15 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

Can somebody who has made their own chassis brace tell what diameter box section/tube they used, preferably with pictures? I reckon 300mm long should do it but I'm struggling to decide on diameter.

Cheers.

I used 10mm box but it's not that great instead I changed it and went this route 

5121F06E-9ACE-4933-B16B-2E824D64D992_zps

CFC558DB-A0E2-4CBC-876F-CDEDFDF81F43_zps

works much better it's just some upper rear links, front ones are Hobao st rear is Hobao mt and I added an extra stock rear brace and the alloy trophy front anti bending bar 

19 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Save your money they don't fit the mt shocks need a 21mm Spring  I can find 20 but no 21 :( 

I used 10mm box but it's not that great instead I changed it and went this route 

5121F06E-9ACE-4933-B16B-2E824D64D992_zps

CFC558DB-A0E2-4CBC-876F-CDEDFDF81F43_zps

works much better it's just some upper rear links, front ones are Hobao st rear is Hobao mt and I added an extra stock rear brace and the alloy trophy front anti bending bar 

What was the issue with the box tube? The rear truggy brace looks much sturdier that the buggy one!

20 minutes ago, RestInPieces said:

Thats strange, many people have said they do.

Is that about the spring options on the shocks? They look similar diameter to the HPI ones you had. Are they 16mm thick across the body and what size across the springs?.

Got my new esc today, my plan is to put the stock combo into another chassis I've got. I'm now looking for a new motor for my truggy, any ideas ?

P.s it's a LOT heavier than standard because of all the upgrades on it.

14 minutes ago, Sully said:

Got my new esc today, my plan is to put the stock combo into another chassis I've got. I'm now looking for a new motor for my truggy, any ideas ?

P.s it's a LOT heavier than standard because of all the upgrades on it.

What voltage you running? I've actually found the motors I've used give of the same temps with the same gearing??!!

Flux tork 2200               Good power

Leopard 2000                Good power

Leopard 1600                Too much front end lift

Skyrc 1550                     Not massively strong

I get pretty much the same heat off all of them it's just the torque and rpm that's different. The flux tork is a good 4-5s unit so for 4-5s stick with a 4074 or 4274 size The 1600 on 6s lifts the front all the time and lose steering. With the terrain I run on I have to use a fan regardless otherwise I have to gear ridiculously slow. Won't fit the Tork tho :( 

Edit: Oh btw I'm weighing 5kg fully loaded. I can't run any wheel above a standard weight ie proline shockwave (280grams each) or I burn motors. I have to stick with a wheel weight of no more than 215gr each. Makes a huge difference imo.

yrac_ya-0261bk_2.jpg

Edited by dazp1976

3 minutes ago, evssv said:

Leopard 4082 2000 imo is power hungry and heated up on 5s for me so I got rid. How does yours run (I assume you have one)

Edited by dazp1976

Just now, evssv said:

I gota 1600kv one in my losi lst2E but not run it other then in the street so far....crazy power on 6s...

My 4082 1600 on 6s just lifts the front and can't steer But that's with big bore shocks on which are c**p so I may change to a dual standard shock setup and see how that goes instead. I had to put that ridiculous dual fan on mine as I burned 2!! :D The fan unit is mint :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Sully said:

I got this one65eda93364f8bd2021b00f83fa4d7ccb.jpg maximum 4s is plenty with my unique driving style

A Leopard 4082 2000kv might burn that, motor can pull 140A. Stick with a 4074 or 4274 size 2000-2200kv