• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

It's the truggy flux.

What happened was, all 3 screws ripped out of the motor mount, motor ended up at 45 degrees and then pushed centre diff forward

It's the truggy flux.

What happened was, all 3 screws ripped out of the motor mount, motor ended up at 45 degrees and then pushed centre diff forward

That happened to me not long ago but I only had 2 screws in it and the mount snapped in half!!! Think it damaged the motor because it gets hotter quicker and when it gets to 70c it cogs badly on a 15T pinny! :o On closer inspection the rotor has a rubbed smooth area at the front so looks like something internal is expanding with heat. Gutted.

That happened to me not long ago but I only had 2 screws in it and the mount snapped in half!!! Think it damaged the motor because it gets hotter quicker and when it gets to 70c it cogs badly on a 15T pinny! :o On closer inspection the rotor has a rubbed smooth area at the front so looks like something internal is expanding with heat. Gutted.

Yeah, something defo sounds wrong, my motor temp has never gone above 55 degrees c on a 17t pinny! and taht was on a hot day!

2000kv Hobbywing ezrun motor btw.

Edited by savageking

Yeah, something defo sounds wrong, my motor temp has never gone above 55 degrees c on a 17t pinny! and taht was on a hot day!

2000kv Hobbywing ezrun motor btw.

I've always run on grass so it's always been around the 70 mark by the end of a pack but now hits by the middle. Leopard 1600 on 6s.

Add to the list a centre rear shaft

Have those too.

Your not trying to say my driving is bad are you ?

A bit quiet in work today so I thought while its in 40000 pieces I would make a few easy modsa3af7cdbcc930dabcad3a54f9e9f414b.jpg

Mudguards next I think.

Is anyone running there truggys on 6s? If so what gearing you guys running?

yep...19 pinny an stock st spur... 2200kv 802lv2 tenshock 6 pole an 150 xerun.....wrong thread. .this is in my hyper st Edited by evssv

yep...19 pinny an stock st spur... 2200kv 802lv2 tenshock 6 pole an 150 xerun.....wrong thread. .this is in my hyper st

19? what are your temps? im running xerun 2000kv motor and 150 amp esc, my motor temps are around 50 degree c on the motor, 35 on the esc and 30-40 on battery which is a gens ace 5000mah 50c 14.8 lipo. I think a 19tooth would shoot my temps all the way up?

Im running a 17took pinny with the stock 50 spur btw.

Edited by savageking

19? what are your temps? im running xerun 2000kv motor and 150 amp esc, my motor temps are around 50 degree c on the motor, 35 on the esc and 30-40 on battery which is a gens ace 5000mah 50c 14.8 lipo. I think a 19tooth would shoot my temps all the way up?

I really should take me temp gun out with me. ..I had it out the other evening jus blasting around on sum short grass for 15 4 mins and I could touch the motor ok... Edited by evssv

Slightly off topic, but just been and picked a savage 25 up for a friend, spent 20mins trying to start the bugger back home, put it in the boot of the car and thought to myself....now I remember why I went electric!

Slightly off topic, but just been and picked a savage 25 up for a friend, spent 20mins trying to start the bugger back home, put it in the boot of the car and thought to myself....now I remember why I went electric!

Exactly the reason i went! no regrets, had more fun in the last 4 months in electric than the last 3 years in nitro. nitro gave me problems everytime i took it out, electic all the way!

He will be running on solid ground. That combination will be fine on asphalt/tarmac. Not a chance in hell on grass!!!!!!!! :)

I can run that on tarmac no probs. Drop 3-5 teeth for the field out the back!!!! Ground makes a big difference.

Also I use a 6s 5000mah 30c with a 1600kv and I can go 25mins on tarmac drop that to 10 on the field.