• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

Stupid question and probably the wrong place but someone please tell me now to put URLS in the reply and pictures :)

Copy and paste for urls, and photobucket or something similar for pics

• Like 1

Has anyone used the pulse shocks on there truggy? I put them on yesterday with the yellow springs and the rear seams really soft. If I drop it from a little over knee height it bottoms out. I have 35wt in front and 45wt in rear

Mydoddy69 used the Pulse shocks. You did put rear ones all round and no fronts didn't you? Best asking him about it but it was a while ago since he had the Trophy. Is it not supposed to hit bottom at the height then? Oh!!! :D

Mydoddy69 used the Pulse shocks. You did put rear ones all round and no fronts didn't you? Best asking him about it but it was a while ago since he had the Trophy. Is it not supposed to hit bottom at the height then? Oh!!! :D

Yes I put the rears all around. I ordered the harder springs so I'll see how that goes.

Has anyone used the pulse shocks on there truggy? I put them on yesterday with the yellow springs and the rear seams really soft. If I drop it from a little over knee height it bottoms out. I have 35wt in front and 45wt in rear

Yep I ran pulse rear shocks all round and loved them I perfered to use hellfire springs on them not the pulse springs I used red on the rear with yellows up front but yellow rears and White fronts is also quite a good combination .. The chassis will bottom out before the shocks which is what you want .. Oil i used 40 up front and 50/60 in the rear and adjusted the Pistons to my needs.

If ever you want to sell them pm me

Yep I ran pulse rear shocks all round and loved them I perfered to use hellfire springs on them not the pulse springs I used red on the rear with yellows up front but yellow rears and White fronts is also quite a good combination .. The chassis will bottom out before the shocks which is what you want .. Oil i used 40 up front and 50/60 in the rear and adjusted the Pistons to my needs.

If ever you want to sell them pm me

Thank you for your help. I'm going to try that setup and see how I like it.

I have broken two ball connectors that hold the front anti-roll bar in place. Do I have to buy the whole anti roll bar kit 101163 to get the connectors?

My truggy lost signal and accelerated off into a metal fence. Hopefully I have now set the failsafe up correctly. Although the brakes don't seem that great..

I have broken two ball connectors that hold the front anti-roll bar in place. Do I have to buy the whole anti roll bar kit 101163 to get the connectors?

My truggy lost signal and accelerated off into a metal fence. Hopefully I have now set the failsafe up correctly. Although the brakes don't seem that great..

I believe it only comes as a kit. It is fairly cheap.

You could go down this route 67207. At least you get 4 of them.:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hot-Bodies-Lightweight-Sway-Bar-Holder-4-D8-D8T-Ve8-HBS67207-NEW-/321645081122?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item4ae38a7222

Edited by dazp1976
  • Like 1

No. It's 10F, 30M, 7R. There is some information in the links about how they affect handling. There is a lot of info out there this was just a quick look.

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5050

http://www.myrcbox.com/articles/tech-article-diff-tuning-guide-for-buggy-and-truggy/

I basically found that any higher than 7 in my rear caused a lot of spins on corners and when on power. Any lower gave me too much traction causing understeer when on power whilst turning and it needed refilling more often as it used it up quicker.

Any higher than 30 center caused spins and wheelies on power and seemed to give more motor heat. Any lower caused a lot of ballooning by unloading to the front,. More diff heat and oil usage (cooking due to unloading) and too much rear traction.

Any higher than 10 front caused spins, oversteer when off power in corners, back end whipping round exiting corners on power. Any lower didn't seem to make a huge difference apart from inside tire ballooning badly round corners and more diff heat.

I just bash on grass, am hard on the trigger, and more or less flat out the whole time.

I've ran this setup for a while now and seems fine on most surfaces. The biggest change I made recently was going from the stock rear toe angle to an angle of about 3-4 degrees (alloy D8T blocks, arms) and hate it! serious amount of rear grip and severe understeer (pushing) when cornering on power so that has a massive impact too  Am going back to stock angles when my alloy Trophy blocks get here. These are just my basic findings and I am no expert to say the least. I run JConcept sevens half ups and AKA cityblock tires on grass and HPI Phaltlines on the road. I have Proline shockwaves for winter and MT4G3 tires for the woods but have to really gear down for both of those to about 35mph even with a Leopard 4082 1600kv on 6s because of the extra weight and heat! depressing :(

Thanks for that

Allan

Oh wow. In the states I found them on the bay for half that price but shipping would end up costing more in the end

I'm in the U.S.

I thought as much from that post earlier. Amazing how the prices differ across the pond between the kits and the lightweight ends. Even my favorite shop Tower Hobbies doesn't work out that well stateside! :(

Oh wow. In the states I found them on the bay for half that price but shipping would end up costing more in the end

You guys need to look harder

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HPI-Racing-Trophy-4-6-1-8-Scale-Truggy-Front-Roll-Bar-Set-3mm-HPI101163-/371257814345?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5670b0ad49

These I think your find are cheaper and even if you have to get them shipped to the UK it won't get hit with fees !

That deserves a front page addition!

I never knew about them :( I broke a number of the stock plastic thingys. :lol:

You guys need to look harder

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HPI-Racing-Trophy-4-6-1-8-Scale-Truggy-Front-Roll-Bar-Set-3mm-HPI101163-/371257814345?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5670b0ad49

These I think your find are cheaper and even if you have to get them shipped to the UK it won't get hit with fees !

That is a good price for us. It was a brief look earlier. I usually go to Tower Hobbies for the little bits like that and order a few bits together but just enough to keep under import vat, not that much more with the super saver shipping of

Edited by dazp1976

All three diffs done and built back up, front end all built up, just the rear end to finish off when the little'un goes to bed. I went weth 7f 10c 5r in the end. Have a free day tomorrow to go and play, see if my fiddling has improved it any.

went to the m/s today and the council are in the middle of building a really nice looking skatepark over the road...that's going to be a nice little earner in parts for the shop...

All three diffs done and built back up, front end all built up, just the rear end to finish off when the little'un goes to bed. I went weth 7f 10c 5r in the end. Have a free day tomorrow to go and play, see if my fiddling has improved it any.

went to the m/s today and the council are in the middle of building a really nice looking skatepark over the road...that's going to be a nice little earner in parts for the shop...

Sounds good :) I'm waiting for my alloy diff housings, driveshaft sets and alloy suspension holders to arrive before I do anything to mine yet. I'm going to rip it to bits and start from scratch, might do a rebuild thread for something to do. Liking the sound of the skatepark, the nearest I have is about 5 miles away. I don't think the mobility scooter would go that far! :D

Sounds good :) I'm waiting for my alloy diff housings, driveshaft sets and alloy suspension holders to arrive before I do anything to mine yet. I'm going to rip it to bits and start from scratch, might do a rebuild thread for something to do. Liking the sound of the skatepark, the nearest I have is about 5 miles away. I don't think the mobility scooter would go that far! :D

If you don't mind me asking where did you get the alloy suspension holders from?

If you don't mind me asking where did you get the alloy suspension holders from?

Asiatees. They are in the Buggy 3.5 lists linked below. I went green due to the price difference mainly and paid a little extra for gift wrapping and addressed them to the mrs so hopefully won't get hit with taxes :thumbsup:

http://www.asiatees.com/display?brand=HPI&model=Trophy%203.5&id=49195&c=zrec

http://www.asiatees.com/display?brand=HPI&model=Trophy%203.5&id=49196&c=zrec

http://www.asiatees.com/display?brand=HPI&model=Trophy%203.5&id=49198&c=zrec

I have heard other people mention asiatees and tracking says they're on their way so fingers crossed :)

Asiatees. They are in the Buggy 3.5 lists linked below. I went green due to the price difference mainly and paid a little extra for gift wrapping and addressed them to the mrs so hopefully won't get hit with taxes :thumbsup:

http://www.asiatees.com/display?brand=HPI&model=Trophy%203.5&id=49195&c=zrec

http://www.asiatees.com/display?brand=HPI&model=Trophy%203.5&id=49196&c=zrec

http://www.asiatees.com/display?brand=HPI&model=Trophy%203.5&id=49198&c=zrec

I have heard other people mention asiatees and tracking says they're on their way so fingers crossed :)

Thanks I'm gonna check them out now