• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

North london Bash Discussion

Bazzokajoe

Andy, i know this is a bit cheeky, but next bash could you help with this spur set up? Really dunno whats happening and i busted a slipper bad into many pieces, i don't suppose you got a spare slipper pad and spur do you? I've got a few bob knocking about but nothing in paypal to order from ms (bloody women buying cinema tickets "oh its my treat, i'm just gonna use your paypal"......*tuts*

awesome andy :D

Your gonna love it ;) bumpers are beefy :)

as for gearing:

I will be starting off with 16/48, then working from there....

Andy, i suggest you get a smaller spur if your gonna use that coke can of a 1717 ;) go for the 46t spur and run a 20t.... that might still be undergeared!

if your gonna use the 1515 i would keep the 52t spur and go for a 15t :)

with the 52t spur and our motor mount, 15t is the max without modification... i'm running a 16t with the fins ground back a little, but the mesh is verrryyy tight... :(

might be an idea to come down a size in spur anyway... give more of a gearing range :)

As for you roie, I hope the bumpers are to your satifaction too ;)

i'm not sure about the internal ratios of your losi's gearbox's so i cant really recommend anything :S usually aim for around 55mph on the top speed estimator gives a happy motor temp :)

edit: just powered up the hyper for the 1st time :)

its a beast... crazy crazy nuts... love every bit of it :) from the crazy torq of the servo (its quite loud tho.... not sure if its supposed to be...:S) to the crazy speed of the motor :D it seems perfect to me... may want a little more top end for bashing... and the mesh seems off but i think thats due to the spur gear being quite worn...

all will be solved soon :)

Edited by Bazzokajoe

got the bumper joe, i love it!

just took my vorza out to the garden after installing the d8 ends on it, 6s+badlands= no grass left! :lol:

im coverd in mud from wot passings and so is my neighbours garden, now i need to come up with a logical excuse to get me out of it :D

the only down side is that now my vorza is a block of mud and before i started you could mistake it for brand new :o

the diffs were unloading like crazy due to the oils being ones for a race track, also i had to put the shock collars all the way down to compensate for the thin shock oil.

i run 5-100-5 and thats stock :lol: i think i managed to do the impossible and i busted my ace 1015

i was drifting ken block style when it suddenly cought some grip in the grass and it flipped hitting the right wheel against the wall, now it only turns one way :(

im realy disappointed with it, i thought it would of been stronger, hopefully my savox is going to be stronger in the 8ight

Edited by revo madnesss

:S not good...

taken it apart to have a look? might be as simple as a gear has moved... or one of the wires on the pot has come unsoldered :)

my cheap mg995's used to do that all the time... drive, crash, only go one way....

take it apart... check all gears, check conections and then if it is a conection, resolder then hot glue over the top to stop it happening again :)

Just back from Galleywood and great mornings fun and games!

I'm lovin GW,apart from the busy body warden who doesn't like Nitro.."the wildlife doesn't like it" ph34r.gif

Joe..I'm gonna use the 2200 motor in the ST,that should be more than enough oomph for me laugh.gif

Pics..

101_0431.jpg

101_0432.jpg

101_0433.jpg

101_0434.jpg

Nothing a hose pipe won't sort out! laugh.gif

Off to work now..

WOAH! that is one dirrrrrty rusty!!!! Nice work!

Yea i agree with andy! the 2200 in the st would be a great idea! you could even run it on 4s and still maintain speeds of 45-50mph and gear 6s for 70mph. You should still remain kl

Take into consideration that the savage flux (a much heavier truck) on 4s runs kl geared for 40mph and on 6s is ballistic!

I want to try and fabricate some mud guards for the front wheels of my savage... probably not possible but would stop the truck getting really dirrty

not possible with the external batterymounts... but easilly done if you run with the battery mounted in the back of the chassis :)

just cut out the shape of the tvp's in coke bottle plastic, then screw it onto the side of the chassis :)

simple :)

yea, depends on what colour you want... can you get the new mountain dew in big bottles?

that crazy green would look sick!

if not... you can always paint the clear one with whatever colour you want ;)

if you did it in orange and mounted it inside the tvps, so you could see the orange through the tvps... that would be sweet :P

galleywood was really good and i didnt get lost on the way home :lol: my hyper12 was running like a champ untill it landed on its roof and the electrics decided they didnt wanna work. its staying in the boot of my car till tomorrow so i can break all the mud off :rofl: BLOODY WARDEN complaining

damm thats messy... how are you liking the gladiators?

if your gonna use the 2200 you can go for the 14/15t then :) will be nuts :)

should give you around 60 theoretical speed :)

The Gladiators are fantastic! So much grip it was unreal,

pulling wheelies all over,even on the really slippery stuff.

Very impressed with them. So,14 or 15t pinion then?

Would that be a mod 1 like the flux?

I love the Gladiators on my Desert Truck. They're pretty worn down and they still rip up my garden :lol: What compound did you get?

They are Green dot ones..the only ones that were in

stock lol.

I've been trying a few different tyres for the Rusty,and

those are deffo the best by far. I also liked the hpi

ground assault in a soft compound,which I'm still using

on the front.