• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

indoor nitro /electric off road track

the destroyer

When i went there i had my cars on there and t-maxx went fine round it. Where else is there to go now a days? i got alot of cars a 1/10 goes round there perfect and the 1/16 which my kids got. I think its a very good track aint that small i guess on the video it looks small when i first went there i thought it was going to be tiny got there and it was a pretty good set-up not the smallest of places and it was a fun day out for me and the kids.

oh well i should try and pop up but the bikes dont they ever get in your way. I been there once with kids and was alot of bikers on track so then i heard about this indoor track and visited it and i tell you what for the price and everything it is pretty good mate pop down today i should be taking my kids down again.

Definitely looks a bit small to me. Certainly a lot smaller than the space Bury are looking at for their indoor track. Can't imagine it being much good for racing anything bigger than micros because you'll never be able to pass people. For holding a 1/10th scale national event you are supposed to have a track 2 metres wide almost all the way round, and ideally 3 metres for the straight. Now clearly most clubs (especially indoors) can't do that, but you get the idea of the sort of size needed.

The funniest bit is the shop selling Traxxas stuff though. Sure to be a bit disappointed the minute someone turns up with an Associated, Yokomo or Schumacher and blows them all into the weeds. Traxxas makes great bashers, but they suck on the track.......

Edited by Si Coe

Yer the T-maxx makes the track looks really skinny. I assume its designed for 1/16?

designed for 1/16 for sure, brilliant atmosphere, nice people & good size track for as you said 1/16.

Managed to get my 1/10 4x4 slash round on an empty track with no problem,bit tight but good fun, certainly gave me an insight into running on a track against just bashing.

there is another thread on here about the track, HERE

kev

I went a viewed the track and met the owner Chris, we had a chat about the track and he said that he might be getting a bigger place thats about 8x bigger than this one :)

I looked at the track and my Baja would just take up all the room lol

Gav

I went a viewed the track and met the owner Chris, we had a chat about the track and he said that he might be getting a bigger place thats about 8x bigger than this one :)

I looked at the track and my Baja would just take up all the room lol

Gav

mate if you took yoru baja on it there wouldnt be a track, it would just be two baja wide trenches

Does anyone know if he will be organizing any sort of race meeting at this place or is it gonna be bashers only "run wot ya brung" ?

from what i heard he will be hiring out to private functions so i guess people could arrange race days with him

Does anyone know if he will be organizing any sort of race meeting at this place or is it gonna be bashers only "run wot ya brung" ?

inless you get some of your mates together and ill come down aswell and have a race down and ill try get some of my mates aswell mate?

• 1 year later...