• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Which clutch

animal47

Well my trusty mgt finally let me down tonight and snapped a clutch shoe.

Can anyone suggest a decent 3 shoe clutch to replace the stock one on my sh .28 p6.

i struggled enough to get the stock springs back on when i did an engine rebuild recently so i doubt i will even try the thick ones lol.

Yeah I know what you mean.

Tbh, I gave up after the second time a spring hit me in the face and went for the slightly softer ones!confused.gif

Just ordered one of their clutch bells, 17t for the hyper. They do seem to do good kit.

are the clutchs universal, in other words will it fit the standard 21 engine as mine has just failed in my mgt

The AnswerRC high bite,low wear alloy clutch shoes will fit most big blocks and almost any engines that have a 3 shoe setup,if your engine uses a conventional deep drum clutchbell then they're a straight upgrade.The Hong Nor long life red alloy shoes are awesome aswell and also the Dynamite alloy shoes are very good too.

I used the AnswerRC shoes in my Havoc and they were very good,they won't fit in my Revo as the Revo's clutchbell isn't deep enough,I have a 3 shoe setup on there and need to get specific shoes to fit the clutchbell,I use the STRC aloy shoes in that and when it's time to upgrade i'm gonna go for the Integy 7075 alloy shoes,they work well too,I had a stock size set for the Savage in my VRX-2 Pro's Go.21 and they lasted ages....wink.gif