• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Modelsport's Price Match

Simon123

Thank's for the quick reply.

I'm gutted as i want to get it from a modelshop so that i can return it if there is something wrong which the seller on ebay does not accept

It was acctually £110 cheaper but never mind

Edited by Simon123

That's kind of the point, they offer some comeback, so need to charge a little extra to cover it.

Don't forget you'll buy more kit in the future, so if you're a supported you get 5% back in loyalty bonus to spend next time.

:good:

am i the only one that sees price matching as sneaky and under handed... if you can beat the price in the first place then why charge extra :confused:

i get it at work all the time, get the likes of homebase ringing up for a price, so i just give a stupidly low price ;) like

i was refering to shops, as it says auction sites dont count.

reputable shops buy through the likes of cml or buy direct from the supplier, so most will pay the same, so ud assume the retail to be the same.

being the manager of a store i buy stock in, and sell it as cheaply as possible but still making maximum profit. and i still end up beating the larger stores.

like last year i had wilkinsons formally complaining to dulux about the company as we were selling dulux paint alot cheaper than them and they couldnt make enough profit on it :rolleyes: but thats because we've been with dulux from the start so get a better discount for the stock we buy, and then pass that on to customers... why charge the mainstream price when you can afford to do it cheaper ;)

again my mate russ at future world models is the cheapest place around for most stuff and hes just a guy on his own who only opens at weekends :)

Modelsport's price match service is awesome.They did it a few times for mine,on a Tamiya CR-01,Axial SCX10 and for a Traxxas slash,they couldnt match exactly due to terms and condition,but they gave me the TRX to Tamiya adaptor plug free! :)

Yes, saw that one the other day, he has a 5T for sale too, and recently sold a new helicopter. Just an individual rather than a retailer.

Have you asked him if it's UK sourced and if he has the original invoice so you can get warranty cover from HPi ?

Might be worth risking then ?

No way any dealer is going to match that as a deal though I wouldn't of thought.

Fair play Badger, if you are cheaper on eveey item than any other store, that takes some doing, I'm proper impressed. Hat off to you.

Modelsport are open more days, and have long hours, plus plenty of staff to cover the sales, service, repairs etc. Not suprised it costs them more than a 1 man band to keep going.

I'll certainly try FWM next time I'm after kit, I take it he can get all the same stock as Modelsport, as I looked for a pinion on the site when I was geting some Caster bits, and he didn't have much stock choice.

Don`t think anyone has mentioned modelsport have shops so they have to pay staff,rent, utilities etc, unlike website only shops that don`t have to pay these overheads.

Regards

Guy

wouldnt say everything but branded products :)

russ has more instore than on his site. for example he does like every spare for losi 8ight 2.0's :) but doesnt list them.

for things you cant see or find your best off emailing him or calling him in the evenings as hes there from 6. he does a fair choice of caster parts, but those he doesnt have he gets in prity much next day if requested :)

back to topic... if its new for

am i the only one that sees price matching as sneaky and under handed... if you can beat the price in the first place then why charge extra :confused:

i get it at work all the time, get the likes of homebase ringing up for a price, so i just give a stupidly low price ;) like