• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hampstead Heath North London Bash!

Bazzokajoe

Hey guys, great bash today!

Hampstead Heath is the next one, planned for Saturday 10th July. Bashing from 11 till 4/5 depending on the states of cars at the end ;)

All welcome! as long as we dont run nitro too excessively

We need to decide on where we can meet... where we can park... and the different places we can bash in :)

Those who know the area, map locations would be nice... Google maps grid references please :D

Discuss!

Edited by Bazzokajoe

This is the exact location for the large dirt area/gravel/grass area. There is a carpark which is all good. You may have to pay unfortunately but it isnt extortionate.

Location and carpark - for large flat dirt area.... Youtube vid of my car running at the dirrt area

Large grass area (grass is always cut extremely short which is really gd to run on too. (but dirt is better) Location grass area what is great about this place... You park your car right next to where you bash and its free to park......

Could be good if we bring our own jumps.

And there is a woodland area are which is a large space with no houses around but wardens to patrol.... they dont mind electric but hate nitro and petrol...

Woodland area I used to think it was kl but there are just too many trees and you cant run fast.....

we should have enough 1.1 cars there on the day to move stuff around if we get bored in one area...

josh, any chance of grid reffs for those locations? my computer doesnt like those google maps links :(

looks like a sweet place tho :)

and if there are dirt jumps... even better!!

josh i found that if you go deeper into the woods there are open spaces with dirt jumps

also we need to decide on a place to meet as its quite a big area

Are you sure there is plenty of space??? where abouts in the heath do you mean? Heath extension right? Do you know wildwood road? is it around there you are talking about?

Hide, i would pick you up... but i live next door to the heath too...

I will get better grid references up in a bit joe.

It really depends how quiet it is... There are many park wardens around... If we are a danger to others then they will tell us to go away... if we are too noisy they will tell us to go away.... (we are not really near any houses) its just they dont like disturbing passers by...

BTW if this is for your baja.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA a baja which is quiet? MY ASS!!! lol

after seeing my first baja on the weekend... I couldnt believe how loud it was. There is no way a silencer would work? Bring a long and see how much attention it gets?

I know that place you are talking about... but there is a problem... parking is not available anywhere around there. So its a no really. We all cant lug our stuff there...

Where abouts in hampstead do you live?

Edited by Josh1A1H

I know that place you are talking about... but there is a problem... parking is not available anywhere around there. So its a no really. We all cant lug our stuff there...

Where abouts in hampstead do you live?

i live next to the o2 ceneter

there is parking in two places near there

1. Spaniards end

2. the parking for jack straws castle

spaniards end is wayyyyyy too far... Pay And Display at jack straws is possible.... But why this location over the other considering the parking lot is Right next to the bash spot? Plus is a huge square and plenty of space?

looks like a good spot josh! loose stuff and grass :)

woods do look a bit far away... i suppose we could chuck everything in one car, let one of us drive over and then walk over and meet them :)

nice and easy to park as well :) does it get busy in the car park?

josh i am talking about going to the woods parallel to spaniards road thats why i was suggesting we should park in spaniards end

i think jack straws castle is the best as next tot he car park there is a big grass area where we can run and not get disturbed and then we have the woods across the road

there reason i didn't want to go to where your suggesting is that on a Saturday its going to be full as the weather is so nice

t

batteries balanced, hyper tires re-glued, Stripped upper arm of my hyper fixed, Badlands for my macnum on their way, gorilla tape on its way, old wheels prepared for new tires...

Gonna be a good bash i reckon :D

josh i am talking about going to the woods parallel to spaniards road thats why i was suggesting we should park in spaniards end

i think jack straws castle is the best as next tot he car park there is a big grass area where we can run and not get disturbed and then we have the woods across the road

there reason i didn't want to go to where your suggesting is that on a Saturday its going to be full as the weather is so nice

t

I do see what you are saying... Also what time do we want to get to the heath for on saturday??? Early or afternoon? Remember 3rd place world cup is on at 3pm....

So are we doing an early one again??? some people can leave when ready etc..... The dirt place i mentioned is probably not ideal if we go early as the marines run a circuit training course in that area between 11-1. (sorry completely forgot about this)

So we would have to go to the area revomadness mentioned which should still be more than kl! Huge space around there!

Looks like i wont have my ideal gearing available for the weekend... Im going to have to change it completely... I am now getting the centre diff idea ready (so once the new castle esc is ready... 9s all the wayrolleyes.gif).

So i will have a top speed of 43mph not 55mph but this means i can run my Moabs hard and not worry about over heating plus ill be jumping all day anyway Joe can you bring your jump? has anyone else got one they can bring no matter if its big or small?).

I will not bring my SPIs and badlands as they will bring my top speed down to 38mph!!! Im just trying to work with what gears i currently have.

I just need to get some Araldite asap and glue my hexes into my axial rims and replace my pinion and spur and should be ready!

Edited by Josh1A1H

Ok... where you will need to park is at this location below. 51.562957,-0.180785

Where you park

This is the entrance to the area we will run....51.563502,-0.17858

Where we will run the cars....

They are around 45 seconds from eachother...

This is a route from the car park to the bash spot... ( i think we may have to pay a little at the car park, if that is the case... i will check how much it will cost... and get back to you today)

A = Carpark

B= Entrance to bash spot

C= follow the path to where we will bash... There are no houses and not many walkers there, so should be idea... and possibly nitro could run there too without any problems

map.jpg

Edited by Josh1A1H

I picked up a new diff seal today and it seems to holding up alright, so hopefully it will last on saturday. I'm gonna have to resist the temptations of running it on 3s though :lol:

i havent checked the price of parking yet, but i did just drive the bash spot and it looks like a perfect place to run... Very dry grass mixed with dry dirt... Looks fun!!!!

See you satuday James!!! At least you solved the diff problem... I know its fun to wrench on our trucks but the last bash you spend all day wrenching rather than running hahaha