• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Marine 42cc Engine

Mopar

Need some more HP from this engine to overcome the wind drag over 90 MPH.

I am looking for a carb manifold adapter plate to install a racing reed if anybody has one spare from a racing boat.

The standard big bore Zenoah upgrade does not fit as I have tried that.

Need to get this car going over the 100 MPH. smile.gifinsane.gif

Engine and car before first airfield speed run.

It now has different wheels and tyres, but they will change again soon as waiting for some billet drag rims from the states.

Still looking for the carb adapter insane.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Last sunday made 103.26 mph through the timing lights with absolutely no head wind.:hahadance::topbanana: :topbanana: :topbanana:

Got any proof of this ??????????

As we have yet to even see your car

An a video of it running would help, along with your speed run, an proof of the timing lights, an proof it's you doing it :good:

If you email me the pictures an video, I will happily Host an upload them for you ;)

Edited by hoss
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This Sunday is all set to be another speed attempt up the runway now with new solid tyres on the billet wheels.

Watch this space. :insane:

Please let us know where this airfield is so we can see this magnificent machine in action.

it smells like pig sh+t to me and i dont even live near a pig farm at least get 1 picture up to prove us all wrong i mean how hard can it be to take a picture and host it

Are we talking a car or a boat(marine engine)? Even the Americans who spend a **** load of cash on their cars cant hit that speed.Can you post pics of the car and give us some specs on the mill.

Thats the fastest vid I could find.This could be interesting.If you built a car that could top the ton mark you could be very rich!

J.

Must admit, it does make me laugh when people post threads like this.

"I have made a superest duperestest car ever and it goes at 200mph coz I am ace. But I am not ace at actually putting up even a picture even though the forum I am boasting on has a gallery feature that a small child could use. I also can't use YouTube even though every ASBO holding retard in the UK has mastered it to post pics of happy slapping otherwise I wuld post some evidence that my wonder creation exists."

Now, I don't like to cast aspersions on peoples veracity..... but when you see professional tuners unable to achieve these speeds despite obviously long run ups to allow for high gearing and having to control the car from the back of a support vehicle, you have to wonder about the OP's 'claim'

It would be seen by many to be a rather shallow attempt at either winding people up and causing grief, or just pretending to be doing something you are not.

I think you have had about as much mileage as you are going to get out of this unless you are actaully going to post a picture or evidence of your boast.