• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao Hyper 7 Factory Settings

taff74

Does anyone know the factory settings for the Hobao Hyper 7 .21 engine as I keep on fiddling with them and they are all messed up. I would like the Idle setting, High speed needle, Low speed needle.

Thanks

What hyper engine do you have mate?

Is this not it ?

mainpicek.jpg

Ofna/Hyper .21 engine

Set the master needle IN until stops, then turn OUT 4.5 to 5 turns.

Setting for the black low end needle is OUT 3.5 turns out from flush.

Setting brass head mid range needle, should always be flush to the case.

Gav

What hyper engine do you have mate?

Is this not it ?

Gav

some of the hyper engines(turbo ect) the LSN is 3.5 turns out from minimal contact closing off the fuel supply nozzle ( minimal contact with brass screw that is flush on opposite side of carb the SFN (supply fuel nozzle))

Sorry if this causes any confusion,

If you do 3.5 turns out from flush the LSN could be too rich to start with (not a bad thing I know) Really need to confirm the type of engine to have correct settings, It took me a while to find the correct factory settings for my Hyper .21 as there are 2 or 3 different ones

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

some of the hyper engines(turbo ect) the LSN is 3.5 turns out from minimal contact closing off the fuel supply nozzle ( minimal contact with brass screw that is flush on opposite side of carb the SFN (supply fuel nozzle))

Sorry if this causes any confusion,

If you do 3.5 turns out from flush the LSN could be too rich to start with (not a bad thing I know) Really need to confirm the type of engine to have correct settings, It took me a while to find the correct factory settings for my Hyper .21 as there are 2 or 3 different ones

This is very confusing, I have the hyper .21 turbo engine & I read that the LSN was 3.5 from flush! Well this was hanging out almost so I take it the turbo is 3.5 from minimal contact?

& HSN is 3 turns out?

I recently set mine back to factory and I didn't 3.5 turns out on the LSN from screwed in to the bottom but it was a pig and wouldn't have any of it!

Did it from 3.5 turns from flush and it was fine and fired up and ran no problems (very rich though) started leaning it out on Sunday but my savox throttle servo decide to set on fire!!! :P

This is very confusing, I have the hyper .21 turbo engine & I read that the LSN was 3.5 from flush! Well this was hanging out almost so I take it the turbo is 3.5 from minimal contact?

& HSN is 3 turns out?

I did some testing and found some basic settings that will work to get it started...every Hyper .21 I know of will work with these settings (providing everything else is in the ballpark of course).

Slide gap- 1mm max.

LSN- 0.5mm out from flush.

HSN- 3-3.5 turns.

Once it has started get it warmed up (few minutes) and start by tuning the HSN so it performs correctly when the throttle is fully open...then move onto tuning the LSN by letting it stand then accelerate....if at the end of the tuning if the idle speed is too high/low then adjust it with the idle screw.

If you are still having trouble getting the engine started with those settings then maybe we should start looking for other reasons.:)

• Like 1

I totally agree, I had mine totally wrong I had 5 turns out on the HSN & 3.5 ftom flush with the LSN, like I said mine is a hyper turbo so I just got back from the skate park where I tried

HSN 3 from fully in

LSN 3.5 ftom fully in.

Since I've had it, I've struggled to run it, and bugger me it ran! Straight away, plenty of smoke so not too lean & starting straight away & ticking over for about 15/20 seconds.

I must admit its very stressful keeping two running, but wow, great fun, we were doing some jumps up the skate ramps me & my son with his hyper.

Could be either....that is why I always suggest to set the HSN for fully open throttle first...after warming it..and tune it on flat ground....if you do not follow the instructions things can go wrong. :)

I did suggest trying to concentrate on one at a time to help you get a better feel for things before eh? Good luck. :)

I totally agree, I had mine totally wrong I had 5 turns out on the HSN & 3.5 ftom flush with the LSN, like I said mine is a hyper turbo so I just got back from the skate park where I tried

HSN 3 from fully in

LSN 3.5 ftom fully in.

Since I've had it, I've struggled to run it, and bugger me it ran! Straight away, plenty of smoke so not too lean & starting straight away & ticking over for about 15/20 seconds.

I must admit its very stressful keeping two running, but wow, great fun, we were doing some jumps up the skate ramps me & my son with his hyper.

Exactly the same problem as i had. Could'nt start the damn thing until i used the same settings and now it starts after the 3rd or 4th pull

Just did some work for a mate of mine, Darren Johnson, he's got (or had) the track record for aldeshot track & a couple of championships, and he tuned both mine & my sons hypers!

Really looking forward to a bash tomorrow now!

Just did some work for a mate of mine, Darren Johnson, he's got (or had) the track record for aldeshot track & a couple of championships, and he tuned both mine & my sons hypers!

Really looking forward to a bash tomorrow now!

Sounds good...did he show you what he did and why?

Sounds good...did he show you what he did and why?

Yep, started them up, showed him my way of doing it, then once warmed he was revving the car listening to the revs & lowered the LSN til it revved cleanly with no bogging after ticking over for a few seconds then he countered it with the tickover adjustment as the revs increased as he leaned the LSN.

I know the exact theory of doing all that its simply he's got to be better at it being an ex champion racer.

Yep, started them up, showed him my way of doing it, then once warmed he was revving the car listening to the revs & lowered the LSN til it revved cleanly with no bogging after ticking over for a few seconds then he countered it with the tickover adjustment as the revs increased as he leaned the LSN.

I know the exact theory of doing all that its simply he's got to be better at it being an ex champion racer.

Lucky you!!