• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Which Hyper 7?

Hi guys,

Looking to pick up a new nitro buggy, not messed around with RC cards for a few years so want something fairly durable with a good range of spares etc.

The Hyper 7 seems to be well recommended, although there are a few models.

I was looking at the TQ Sport RTR at

Electric isn't an option due to the run times etc. I just want to be able to pick up my stuff and head off somewhere. I can see where you're coming from though.

So, if you had the option what would you go for? The TQ28 or the black? How do these compare with each other, and also the base model Hyper 7?

Thanks for the replies so far. :)

Hyper 7 Black with 3 port engine and big bore shocks :good:

I have 2, 1 is origonal with 3 port engine and the other i got as a rolling chassis and put the 4 port engine in from a TQ sport, i think the 3 port engine is best of the 2 by a mile.

If you look at the adverts for the hyper black it does say that the engine will need more maintance but in the real world all nitro engines need the same maintance so i think the advert is a bit missleading. These are my thoughts and if im wrong someone will be along soon to put me right :good:

Hyper 77

Electric isn't an option due to the run times etc. I just want to be able to pick up my stuff and head off somewhere. I can see where you're coming from though.

So, if you had the option what would you go for? The TQ28 or the black? How do these compare with each other, and also the base model Hyper 7?

Thanks for the replies so far. smile.gif

the black, or perhaps even a 7.5, it sorts out the the steering circle problems with a whole new steering column and the low rear end grip with a wing