• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your Nitro Rush/Rush Evo/Firestorm..

Parts are not that expensive either, I was thinking of buying the whole gearbox and then modifying the case if needed to make it fit. At least that way it's easier to get parts if needed as it's a current model.

A good tip is to use the 10T suspension arms by the way, they fit with a minimum amount of modification and are slightly longer than stock plus stiffer and they give you better shock mounting options :good:

yeah thats what i was going to do if i couldn't get and other rush evo ones (not stock rush evo) for the wider stance too , the gearbox casing looks almost the same but without that notch on the botton to centre it

Yeah, the 10T arms are the way to go. I dont know if your arms are the GPM ones but if so I'd get the 10T ones on, much much better, it's the next mod for mine. Change the front steering turnbuckles for Lunsfords as well. The standard ones are made of cheese :lol:

Yep the casing is the same apart from the notch, however the notch was also a way of holding the lower parts of the casing together on the Rush/Rush Evo. Hopefully the 10T casing will have bolt throughs on the lower edges of the case to solve this.

The only other possible issue I can see is the height of the output shaft causing possible mesh problems, but I dont think it will be much of a problem

you can always use engine mounts to raise the engine hieght to compensate for that (which i have )

ive heard them lunsford turnbuckels break way too easy i dont know how true that is

i couldn't tell you what arms are in mine mate but all the edges are bevelled and silver not annodised like the rest of the arm

They are indeed GPM suspension arms, they will be fine as long as you dont start to do lots of jumping etc, thats when GPM arms bend cos they are not billet like other makes but stamped out which is no where near as strong, get some MT 10's much better :)

I would also be careful using the top mount on your rear knuckles as a shock mount, it's not designed to handle the loads from a shock absorber and you are also putiing extra strain on the end of the suspension arm. You stand a good chance of bending the suspension pin that mounts the knuckle to the arm as well, especially if you intend to do lots of jumping etc.

Edited by Dirty Electro

na im not bothered about big jumps or anything i might give it a couple of goes while we have snow but thats about it really i can't say it appeales to me that much lol i would sooner thrash about somewhere an tarmac or the woods or something to be honest lol

Should be fine then fella, I'd put 15wt or evn 10wt in the rear shocks so that it dips and digs in when you accelerate then, plus that will help to stop roll overs if you have the back end too stiff.

Either that or get the anti roll bar kit :good:

Edited by Dirty Electro

yeah i will get some shock oils soon but i am also going to soften the springs when the snow finally dies down too good.gif an anti roll kit is on the cards for next week if i can afford it mate

Edited by mixmasterjay

Get team associated oils, very good quality and require very little bleeding when filling up the shocks, thats what I'm running in most of my models, including the Baja :good:

I'm getting the anti roll kit as well but waiting for all the snow etc to go first :lol:

Your getting oversteer because the chassis set up will be too stiff as it is and cause "push"

Mine is set up softer at the front than the back and turns on a sixpence as the weight transfer is evenly distributed during breaking and when accelerating, as in when appraoching a turn a little dab on the brakes and the front dips thus loading up the front end and making the tires grip. At the same time during acceleration the rear dips and digs in giving me excellent traction ( well in the dry anyway :lol:) but not enough to make the front tires lose traction and because they do not lift off the ground I can still steer well even when under full acceleration.

Anti roll bars can make oversteer even worse as you are effectively stiffening the suspension even more.

Hard suspension is no good on a 1/10th off roader, not enough weight in them to make it work effectively.

Edited by Dirty Electro

no ive got under steer where it goes wider its always been the same from stock lol , over steer is too much turn and back end slides out , i don't mind oversteer i might get some nice drifts out of it lol all the settings will change in spring so will all the shocks and springs for better ones mine are the stock ones and stock mt2 i think so i might try and find some coil overs well i have found some for the rush but ive only bookmarked the page so i can have a gander tomorrow at them

Hi zook get some pics up of the evo's lol , ive allways wanted a boat are they any good ? and that truck build sounds good mate make sure you put a thread up about it i would look forward to see that good.gif

i love my rush evo's probably because its my first nitro rc and even though everytime you take them out something breaks or it just naffs up somehow lol rofl.gif but its part of it lol great bashers

will post pics soon all 4 on bench haveing spur gears, clutches,shock oils,etc .i got twin rear shocks on one of me trucks.the beast with big eng.all me trucks run car shells too porche, astra with me truck tyres. i think they look better.boats are cool too less damage. i just put rs4 hpi car engine running gear 2 speed in to a low cruiser wich is a beast. or me bollser wood air boat with a reverse action airoplane proppelor now thats a rocket, plus no prop in water to snag in shallow water. i got 2 air boats 6 under water proped,sold all me hellis due to the cost of repairs.im thinking of getting a baja 5t now. one i would like in me collection. better be nice to the wife. plus me loft is converted into a workshop and beling disabeld i got lots of time to play and try new things. have fun daz

will post pics soon all 4 on bench haveing spur gears, clutches,shock oils,etc .i got twin rear shocks on one of me trucks.the beast with big eng.all me trucks run car shells too porche, astra with me truck tyres. i think they look better.boats are cool too less damage. i just put rs4 hpi car engine running gear 2 speed in to a low cruiser wich is a beast. or me bollser wood air boat with a reverse action airoplane proppelor now thats a rocket, plus no prop in water to snag in shallow water. i got 2 air boats 6 under water proped,sold all me hellis due to the cost of repairs.im thinking of getting a baja 5t now. one i would like in me collection. better be nice to the wife. plus me loft is converted into a workshop and beling disabeld i got lots of time to play and try new things. have fun daz

You have got a big collection mate good.gif i think a boat is a must for summer we have 3 big resiviors where i walk the dog they would be awesome on there lol and its got really wide tracks and some good off road tracks for the rush too , what spurs are you putting in mate ?, the standard 56 or going savage spurs (alot easier to come by lol) , what engine have you got in the beast mate ?

i flipped it today at abot 15/20 mph lol and it sctartched my new engine cooling head and cut the reciever ariel to about 5" and smashed the roll bar and half an hour before that i broke a drive cup so i had to swap diffs out lol , and the reason why i have gone through 2 gearboxes in 2 days is because of the wheels i had on the tyres where only glued at the front (allready like this when i got them) and it sent the foams silly and mega unballenced causing massis of harsh vibration ripping the gearbox apart , now i have the standerd tyres on (not the crosses but the squares lol) works fine again now good.gif