• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

laws regarding the use of rc cars?

delsol

No, anyone can get BRCA membership and should. It carries third party insurance and legal cover in case your Hyper runs out of control and mows down a small child. And this applies equally in the park as at the track.....

More people with decent insurance would go a long way to improving RC access rights.

Nope - it applies everywhere. Well everywhere its legal to run an RC that is. Ironically its actually least effective trackside since amazingly it doesn't cover you whilst marshalling (the place you are most likely to get hurt!) because you 'volunteered' for it.......

Where we race, it is a Public area, with alot of dog walkers.

For the most part we never get any trouble, apart from the odd dog walker that wants to walk straight along the main straight of the track during a race.

But we just pull over the cars and wait till they are clear.

Most dog walkers will actualy stand and watch, And most dogs think its fun to chase the cars, Which isnt what we want as if a dog gets hit by one of these things it will hurt the dog, Especialy one of the Baja's that runs with cold cutters on the rear wheels, if the dog gets near them rear wheels it would tear the poor pup to shreds.

You just have to be carefull. See the dog walkers dont complain at us, because their is a big sighn that says "DOGS MUST BE ON LEADS AT ALL TIMES" and they never are.

Befor I joined the club, they used to race in the woods out of veiw of every one, and aparently the police would come down. Not because of the RC cars but because of the petrols sound like motorbikes going around. Once they see the RC cars they just walk away.

Unless the council have put up a sighn, Their is no reason why you cant run the car. And If the police do come and tell you to move on, be polite and ask the police if their is anywhere you can run the car, apart from the ones that love their job too much and got bullied at school, they will gladly give you information on a place to run the cars.

At the end of the day every one enjoys something fast, and most people apriciate, and are fasinated by these things.

Time for my obligatory cricketer video :lol:

Imagine how annoyed they were :lol:

The problem with much of the anti social behaviour / noise pollution legislation is that it leads people on to believing they have a "right" not to be upset, annoyed or offended by others. This isn't really true...

Unfortunately there are a lot of self obsessed and selfish people in this world who think they have a right to stop other peoples enjoyment if they don't agree with it for whatever pathetic reason they see fit. Whats worse is that the "authorities" find it easier to agree with these people rather than telling them to stop being silly little boys / girls and go home....

For geography coursework at school, I had to do this check list survey in the city ticking vehicles, noise and people....what would an RC count as if that was in my surveying list area? Not sure if this is relevant..but it is interesting. :P

Time for my obligatory cricketer video :lol:

Imagine how annoyed they were :lol:

The problem with much of the anti social behaviour / noise pollution legislation is that it leads people on to believing they have a "right" not to be upset, annoyed or offended by others. This isn't really true...

Unfortunately there are a lot of self obsessed and selfish people in this world who think they have a right to stop other peoples enjoyment if they don't agree with it for whatever pathetic reason they see fit. Whats worse is that the "authorities" find it easier to agree with these people rather than telling them to stop being silly little boys / girls and go home....

was that from that programme...'just for laughs'?

obviously if someone is having a picnic, it would be rude to use a nitro right next to them. Thats when common sense is involved.

obviously if someone is having a picnic, it would be rude to use a nitro right next to them. Thats when common sense is involved.

It was at the TM Leeds bash back in April last year.

It just so happened that there was a cricket match that afternoon - but there were about 20-30 of us there already with our cars.

A similar situation occurred about a year earlier, but there were only about 4 or 5 people with RC's there (Turner Boy organised Yeadon Bash) - I wasn't there, but was told the cricketers started carrying on and threatened the RC guys with violence - apparently they were going to use their bats for something else other than hitting cricket balls....

So... when they came out to play on the afternoon of the TM bash - I had no sympathy for them at all...

:lol:

It was at the TM Leeds bash back in April last year.

It just so happened that there was a cricket match that afternoon - but there were about 20-30 of us there already with our cars.

A similar situation occurred about a year earlier, but there were only about 4 or 5 people with RC's there (Turner Boy organised Yeadon Bash) - I wasn't there, but was told the cricketers started carrying on and threatened the RC guys with violence - apparently they were going to use their bats for something else other than hitting cricket balls....

So... when they came out to play on the afternoon of the TM bash - I had no sympathy for them at all...

:lol:

it sounds like there is laughter at 5 seconds in the vid.biggrin.gif

Its just a fact of life that you can't please everyone, and that to a lot of people, a buzzy RC car droning on WILL get tiring and annoying fairly quickly. It does to me when I go to Nitro events after approx......10 seconds. :lol:

Don't make uneccessary enemies just over our hobby. Yep, some people won't 'get' what we do, so just be courteous and accomodating, and respect their right to enjoy whatever they are doing.

On the other hand, if you were having a picnic you probably also would prefer not to have a load of grown men dressed completely in white using a club to smack a small but hard and heavy ball at very high speed around near you either - yet the cricket players feel the Baja driver there is the one 'out of order'.

Just goes to show you can't win really......

Don't make uneccessary enemies just over our hobby. Yep, some people won't 'get' what we do, so just be courteous and accomodating, and respect their right to enjoy whatever they are doing.

Absolutely :good:

But..... some people are just contrary ***** who think the world ought to stop when they say so.

Recall a time I was in the local park with the Baja - wide open field, no one around. I was ragging the Baja up and down the field giving it a thrashing.

Then.... a couple and their 2 kids decided to set up their picnic right in the middle of the area I was using. They had the rest of the park to choose from, plenty of space, lots of trees and grass. But they decided, in their wisdom, that the bit I was "playing" on was where they would sit.

The woman then scowled at me and told me I should go elsewhere with the car. I told her to go procreate with herself and carried on running the Baja up and down till it ran out of fuel.

The bloke just looked at the ground. I think he realised I wasn't going to take that carp and obviously didn't want to end up being shown up in front of his kids.... ;)

Now, if they had of been there when I turned up, I would never have spoiled their picnic by running the car up and down. But they showed that they didn't have any respect for me - so I had no respect for them. Quid pro quo.....

On occasion one has to be a bit confrontational,luckily I haven't had many people who dislike what I do where I live regarding the RC's,its a tight knit community and everyone does their own thing without bothering anyone else,I have had it happen a couple of times but they came around to Mr Terminators way of thinking in a very short space of time,i'm not saying be disrespectful but stand your ground and put across a good arguement,where I live,the place I use has no apparent ownership by the council and a lot is farm owned and the farmer dont care as long as his crops are fine.

Do some research and see who owns what land where you go,as people have said,if you're polite and courtious,the onlookers tend to be more interested than abusive,woman on the whole dont understand and think boys and their toys and that men never grow up but even some women like the hobby and are fascinated by the way they work.Its a bit different for everyone and the law is very vague on it as they aren't classed as a motor vehicle or come under the same laws as mini motos and field bikes....wink.gif