• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Virus remover?

53HRA

Hello all :)

My computers been slow recently,so ive just done a norton scan.Its coming up with 10 trojans :o :o :o :o

Can you recommend good software to remove these that actually works? when i try norton it doesnt even remove them :blink: lol

Cheers :)

Avast FTW, on access protection, so EVERYTHING u open, every webpage, every program, every flash banner (its become a recent trend to put viruses in flash banners and iframes), its ALL scanned. If it detects a virus on anything, it will wail a siren at you and a big window will pop up asking what action you want taking with the viruse(s) that are trying to infect ur pc, then simply move them to virus chest and forget about them, they're safe there :). Seriously best antivirus ive ever used, u can even do a boot-time scan so it will safely scan ur pc with nothing else running.

Lee.

http://www.avast.com (the home version is free).

Edited by m3lyc

when i try norton it doesnt even remove them :blink: lol

Cheers :)

Thats coz its crap!!! there is a reason why thousands of Norton users are suing them....its gone right downhill of recent years...

Mate nothing beats a reformat and simply AVG free, you should really reformat every 6-8 months or so, whilst you'll shift the trojans i'll almost guarentee you that your PC is still slow, installing and removing programs shifting stuff about and general use all slow your computer down. Start to build a file of install programs. Partition yyour drive for files and OS/programs that way when you reinstall you only have to reinstall the OS partition.