• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tuning question

fredted40x

Hi,

I have finally got the hyper 7 with the .21 egine out today and stayed out until it was properly tuned and im just wondering if i can double check some things now.

There is a good trail all the time when the throttle is applied, but the temperature is 120C/248f is this a bit hot?

Should i drill a few holes in the front window as without the shell on it runs about 90C but with it on it goes up, would you say it goes up because its running a bit lean or becaue the shell is stopping air getting to the engine to cool it down?

Before i left i cleared the engine and held the fuel line between the tank and the car, it then ran for 6 seconds, this shows its a bit rich doesnt it?

Last question, how long should a tank of fuel last when racing?

Thanks

Edited by fredted40x

you can cut the windscreen out to allow more air to get through to the engine. all engines will run cooler when the shell is off as there is more cool air getting to the engine to cool it down.

The LSN is a little rich if it runns for 6 seconds but if it runs fine i wouldnt worry about it.

A tanks of fuel can last variying amounts of time. depends on size of engine and the size of fuel tank. Never had a hyper 7 but with nitros i have had in the past i have had run times between 10-20 mins.

Cool, i thought it might be, i might try slightly leaning the lsn and richening the HSN.

I may also drill holes in and the stick some fine mesh wire on the insed to stop any big pieces of rubbish getting in.

I think the tnk only lasts about 5 mins, will time it next time im out.