• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Son of Cobbler

This is Son of Cobbler.Built on a pimp cane style chassis with Bully axles. Still work to do. At the moment it has 2 Integy 55t motors,Mtronics Viper SSR ESC,2 Lipo packs in parallel. Will fit a Punk Dig soon and sort out the gearing to cut down Clod stall.

Image0036.jpg

I've had the Mtronics a while.Bought it from a guy on another forum. Chassis? What's that. Pimp cane style. 1 length of ali. channel, that's it.

Image0034.jpg

Everything is hung on it due to lack of space elsewhere. Obviously the servo is on the front axle.

I did want to put batts on the front but no way. Hence Lipo's

More pics? Certainly. Yes,the wheels are Proline 8 Shooters,at the moment unweighted. Tyres are Panther.

Wing.jpg

It will stand on it's side no problem and when driven up a wall I can get the back wheels to 3/4" before it tips back.

So I think I've got the balance about right.

As a comparison, a photo of it's original form with Clod axles. It was cobbled up from odds and sods. Hence Cobbler.

Cobblers.jpg

Son of Cobbler is a much more serious attempt at a competitive rig. The inspiration was Rock Crawler International Rock Crawler Special Magazine.

I've got no idea to be honest with you. I've got "conventional" 4 link crawlers as well as a couple of pimp base. They all work well. but have a different style. Torsions don't follow the ground like a link job. You spend a lot of time "floating" on 3 wheels.The stick type seem like a halfway house to me. I'm posting a photo of another pimp style rig for you top look at. This one with almost stock Clod axles and 4 wheel steer. W/B about 14".

Image0009.jpg

Another animal I have is,again, almost pure Clodbuster.

ClodBolink.jpg