• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

West Yorkshire Nitro Club

Leopard

think would drive along A65 towards VUE (Warner Village) cinemas (driving away from Leeds).

drive along the same road for ages until you come to kirkstall lights. need to go straight on so the abbey is on your left. carry on that road all the way to the roundabout in horsforth. and go straight accross. carry on that road until you come to another set of lights (rawdon crossroads) and turn right. keep on that road until you get to the next set of lights and turn left (you will see the fountain chippy on your right before you turn and then murgatroyds on your right after you turn).

follow that road until you come to "the albert" pub on your right (just before a roundabout) and take the right turn after that pub. the car park is about 3/4 mile down that road on your right hand side.

so basically a straight road all the way from leeds until you get to rawdon

no problem. i could walk to track from my house (except im lazy) so i know the area well.

i think i should be able to make it this weekend coming. i am on red band (1 i think) but can change over if needed. will be sat morning about 10 when i get there.

Turnerboy- have you had problems with your engine mount bending on your rush? ive had to hammer mine back into shape. think its bent with the pull start being a bit naff.

well if anyone is near garthforth, i passed through passed the firestation on the left there was a bmx/skate park just being finished, might be worth a look. was quiet small, looked ok for nitro cars ??

Turnerboy- have you had problems with your engine mount bending on your rush? ive had to hammer mine back into shape. think its bent with the pull start being a bit naff.

No not bending. i cracked/snapped it on a bad landing but i dont use it much as the .18 seems too much for the gears if people will be there with smaller cars i could take it it needs a new spur tho easy fix at £6

i was planning on taking the 3.3 let the 323 strectch its conrod again lol

• 2 months later...

hello people

just been reading your posts has anybody tried contacting yorks water?

there is few good areas around the esholt thackley area?

the quarry off the ringroad at ireland wood is privately owned and is currently under review for re-developement

anywhere in rawdon will be apposed by the anti-noise brigade

sorry to brin a downer on that.

been looking my self for a while now and esholt is not too bad as long as its not been raining

ill post if i come up with any more ideas

laterzzz

• 9 months later...
Right i think enough is enough and im going to go all out and try and get a track and club up and running. This will be an offroad club and will cater for any offroad trucks + buggies. As of yet theres plenty of interest being stirred up but im after definite answers. All you lot who are interested and want to help reply to this thread

This club will be in the west yorkshire area

Thanks

Dave

*i have double posted this for a reason but if its causing any porblems please feel free to delete it :) *

Hi there...I just bought buggie and this idea sounds great for me...So,is there anything going on???

Right i think enough is enough and im going to go all out and try and get a track and club up and running. This will be an offroad club and will cater for any offroad trucks + buggies. As of yet theres plenty of interest being stirred up but im after definite answers. All you lot who are interested and want to help reply to this thread

This club will be in the west yorkshire area

Thanks

Dave

*i have double posted this for a reason but if its causing any porblems please feel free to delete it :) *

Hi there...I just bought buggie and this idea sounds great for me...So,is there anything going on???

hi mate

there should be a few of us meeting at the awp at yeadon this saturday. not sure what time yet but i will let you know. where abouts are you based

chris

• 2 weeks later...
Hi. im a norwegian student living in leeds. i brought my HP nitro RS4 over here after the christmas and im wondering if there are any tracks for touring cars here in Leeds?

thanks for the help

the only nitro track is at halifax mate: www.halifaxtrack.co.uk

• 11 months later...

i know this thread is old but i think the quarry might not be getting developed now planning permission and all that theres allsorts of wildlife there thats endangered a few of us are going to be meeting and bashing up there if anyone would like to join us see woodside quarry thread in bashing section