• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ezrun for my e-revo

martin34

Hi guys i am looking at getting an ezrun system for my e-revo in the near future but i am not sure what one to get.The 80a or the 150a.I have seen on another forum where people are saying that you dont need the 150 unless you are running 6s lipos which i wont be.The 80a can run 4s which is what i will run in the future but will be running on ninms at first.The 80a is quite a bit cheaper than the 150a aswell.On ebay it says the 80a can be run on 6-12 cell nimhs so does that mean i cant run my 2 7cell packs?Thanks for any info.

You won't be able to run your two 7 cell packs on the 80A, not within it's limits. It may work, but it will run hot, especially in the erevo, and you might push it too far.

If you want to be safer then go for the 150A, it will run cooler, you'll be able to run your 7 cells, and there's the possibility of upgrading in the future.

Also, the motor in the 80A combo won't be strong enough for the e-revo, if you intend to go for the combo. That being said, I'm not sure whether the motor in the 150A combo is any good.

There is a difference in price - but the 150A ESC is going to be well worth it in the E-Revo.

And like James said - if you go with the 80A then you are going to impose a serious limitation on yourself for any future upgrade...

Go with the 150A, it makes much more sense - its probably what I'm going to put in my lads E-Revo when the time comes.