• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Car starting to drive me mad!

The Trooper

well yeh but if its dying cos its too rich u need to sort it out to break it in, if its not bogging down i would leave it, but once u have run it in, it needs sorting

man i got the hsp tyranno/behemoth......man they are pain in the hole.....

i had the same prob with mine, i adjusted the coller's on the throttle linkage to correct the issue...

also the little piece on the carb were the link connects to has to grob screws in it around the side's, took me ages to suss it, but the link piece was moving on the carb, but carb werent opening,

screwing in the idle screw will open the gap in the carb, manual recommends a 0.8 - 1.0 mm gap,

you also wanna check for air leak's, if it's the .18 vx , rip it out, take the back plate and carb off, get yourself some

copper silicone gasket sealent, (better than red as it handles a constent 300* + ) seal up the carb and back plate, allow a few hours to dry and try again, also the stock fuel line on these thing's are just about good for show only! change them to summat decent like the venom fuel line,... might surprise yourself........

many hour's, too many head ache's, and a bottomless pocket and mine run's ok now ....but i wouldnt recommend hsp to any one, unless it was mine you was buying :).....'

and dont bother with half the alloy crap for it, really not worth it, shock tower's, servo saver, and alloy steering and camber linkage's, these also double up for the steering servo..... and a set of shock's as stock are like summat youd from argos for a tenna :)...'

you got a tuned pipe or plastic stock one ? a tuned pipe will make a big diff on the idle of these vx's too...

i think the newer one's have the team infinity unit's in them...