• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

can anyne explain this one please?

noddy_2121

hi all,

my hyper 7 has been running great for a while now so i cant complain but all of a sudden i have this very annoying problem.

The hyper just will not idle! It will accelerate with no problem but when i brake (this is not an idle screw issue) and idle for more than 5 secs it cuts out and makes a horrible clicking noise like something is catching and causing it to stall. Could it be a clutch issue of some kind? or the fly wheel?

Here is a video of what is happening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOnu0ja3D90

any suggestions please?

cheers

hi!!

i've seen something like this before and it ended up being a broken clutch spring!!! give clutch a once over to double check.

Edited by naymo

I have heard of the same problem before also.

My mates Kyosho GX-21 engine, the clutch spring was soo loose and baggy it cut on idol or when hit the brake.

Magik

i had this before on a savage truck.

the glow plug was hitting the piston top and was causeing a hugh clanking noise! i opened up the engine and it looked like the piston sleeve had worn and piston was comeing up to high. new piston and sleeve sorted it :D

i had this before on a savage truck.

the glow plug was hitting the piston top and was causeing a hugh clanking noise! i opened up the engine and it looked like the piston sleeve had worn and piston was comeing up to high. new piston and sleeve sorted it :D

i was hoping that wouldnt be the case! i will try the clutch first as the parts are now on order!

i was hoping that wouldnt be the case! i will try the clutch first as the parts are now on order!

iv got the clutch bell off after a difficult struggle only to find non of the springs have snapped and all the shoes look ok BUT what is a sign of a bad shoe, what i mean is how do i know the shoes need changing?

the clutch bell was very difficult to remove even with the screw removed, could this mean the bearings needed some oil and therefore sort the problem im having out?

got the clutch bell off to find the bearing under the clutch bell is in bits!! could this explain the reason for the hyper stalling on idle?

Yep this will be the cause, basically the the clutch bell won't be free spinning on the bearings so it will be siezing up on the bearings making it try and turn at the same rpm of the engine, just get some more bearings and you should be good to go.

marty :)

Yep this will be the cause, basically the the clutch bell won't be free spinning on the bearings so it will be siezing up on the bearings making it try and turn at the same rpm of the engine, just get some more bearings and you should be good to go.

marty :)

the bearings wouldnt have been damaged when yanking the clutch bell off though?

the bearings wouldnt have been damaged when yanking the clutch bell off though?

can a clutch be replced with the engine mounted to the chassis? just th clutch bell and bearings?