• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

royal flash steering! HELP ANYONE PLEEEASE!

naymo

Ok, so got 2 royal flash trucks last week, kit version for me :) artr for me mate :)

yep the build instruction aint close to being anything other than junk, and after finishin the build i have a HUGE problem,

when i turn the wheels they move but only slightly (on floor, any surface) if i lift the front they now get full lock.

have had a look around the forums and someone has said to loosen the screws etc (this didnt work), i borrowed the artr version for comparison (apart from colours and belonging to someone else exactly the same) this didnt work either........

so have taken car apart tonight (can do it blindfolded now i've done it that many times) and found a little problem in the servo saver. when on the floor the servo does a full throw but its like the spring is too soft cos the wheels stay almost still but the servo is going to full throw. ( and yes i have swapped the post around......and guess what??? it didnt work)

Now can anyone help???????? :helpsmilie: PLEASE???? before I see if this car can land after being thrown off a cliff!!! :angry::wacko::banghead:

In my experience the spring is usually on the other side (to help return the linkage to 'neutral' when the servo does) rather than the servo pushing against the spring to make the turn...

Saying that, I've never seen springs on a steering servo before so I might not be the best person to advise. :lol:

have had a look around the forums and someone has said to loosen the screws etc (this didnt work), i borrowed the artr version for comparison (apart from colours and belonging to someone else exactly the same) this didnt work either........

Do you mean his doesn't work either, or that you couldn't see any differences?

If neither work, probably a manufacturing defect...

It is a bit of a simple suggestion, but are both of the E-clips on the servo-saver post? I practically had to stand on mine to get it to squash down far enough to get them on :o.

That's what I mean - never seen springs on the steering full stop. All my models have been a direct connection to the servo saver. Only ever used springs on the throttle/brake servo.

How does your servo saver work without springs?

Do you mean his doesn't work either, or that you couldn't see any differences?

If neither work, probably a manufacturing defect...

It is a bit of a simple suggestion, but are both of the E-clips on the servo-saver post? I practically had to stand on mine to get it to squash down far enough to get them on :o.

yeh e-clips are on there i just feel that the spring is wayyyy too soft and no i checked both cars and they settings (screws etc) were the same! :banghead:

Edited by naymo

Ok, tried everything i could think of, found the servo saver spring waaay too soft, so put a washer, above it and guess what.........

IT WORKS!!!!!!! Am a happy little chappie now and realised servo horn was too short so wasn't giving me a good lock so new, longer servo horn gives me just what I need!!!!

:D:D:D

Ok, tried everything i could think of, found the servo saver spring waaay too soft, so put a washer, above it and guess what.........

IT WORKS!!!!!!! Am a happy little chappie now and realised servo horn was too short so wasn't giving me a good lock so new, longer servo horn gives me just what I need!!!!

:D:D:D

you go naymo.brushless next????????????me finks oh yeah baby.toilet flush gonna fly? :D

I had a similar problem with my ARE-1 (basically the same steering arrangement) & a mate lost his steering on his in the same way.. turns out i'd lost the circlip from the servo saver

Ok, tried everything i could think of, found the servo saver spring waaay too soft, so put a washer, above it and guess what.........it works!!

Most excellent advice naymo dude! Did the same to mine today (just can't sit still) works a bloody treat! I thank you sir! :good:

Most excellent advice naymo dude! Did the same to mine today (just can't sit still) works a bloody treat! I thank you sir! :good:

No problem at all!! Just waiting for ezrun brushless now as royal flash is just sitting there looking pretty now waiting for a good thrash!! :lol:

apart from steering problem this seems to be a fantastic value for money (

Ok, tried everything i could think of, found the servo saver spring waaay too soft, so put a washer, above it and guess what...

IT WORKS!!!!!!!

What size washer did you put in mate? I've found mine has worn so that it springs well with small deflection, but gets stuck at the extremes =(

apart from steering problem this seems to be a fantastic value for money (

What size washer did you put in mate? I've found mine has worn so that it springs well with small deflection, but gets stuck at the extremes =(

do ya know, i dont know cos i was at work one day getting real frustrated at the truck (even to the point i had three of us looking at it scratching our heads!!!) but if you want, i know what they look like and when i go back i can get the sizes cos forgive me for being a swine but i aint taking the steering apart again......or at least until it busts (touch wood!) and let you know

Before the prices went up, it was even better at
Edited by naymo

That's all I paid too! Seriously though naymo-yougotta get some lipos to do your brushless justice, I had the 9t/35A combo in mine and before the lipo fire :insane: it was wheelying and doing endos. I've got the 5.5t/60A in there now but my nimh don't do it justice so I'm saving for 2 of these-7.4v Li-poly 3200mAh 20C (40c Burst) Expert 128A-from Vapextech. I knew ArtyRC would be mad for this fix. Go for it Arty it works a treat!! Thanx again naymo, you are my steering saviour. :yahoo:

That's all I paid too! Seriously though naymo-yougotta get some lipos to do your brushless justice, I had the 9t/35A combo in mine and before the lipo fire :insane: it was wheelying and doing endos. I've got the 5.5t/60A in there now but my nimh don't do it justice so I'm saving for 2 of these-7.4v Li-poly 3200mAh 20C (40c Burst) Expert 128A-from Vapextech. I knew ArtyRC would be mad for this fix. Go for it Arty it works a treat!! Thanx again naymo, you are my steering saviour. :yahoo:

i got the ezrun combo for my rc18t and yup the nimh's didnt do it justice so i too got a lipo from vapextech and OMG it reallllly goes now!! hmmmm perhaps i should try 11.1v in the flash?????????? ;)

Yeah, go for it, you can be the beta tester of Ansmann's gearboxes etc for us :D .

Link didn't work, at least for me,mate. I didn't want to go 11.1v 'cause I'm too lazy (and cheap) to change the fans on my ESC's

do ya know, i dont know cos i was at work one day getting real frustrated at the truck (even to the point i had three of us looking at it scratching our heads!!!) but if you want, i know what they look like and when i go back i can get the sizes cos forgive me for being a swine but i aint taking the steering apart again......or at least until it busts (touch wood!) and let you know

That's fine mate, I should really just try it and see!

Since having brushless in my db-01, I can't wait to get it in something huge like my Flash XD

I need to wait for the gear fixes unfortunately, then find a brushless setup...

Just plug it into the BEC output :P

That the one where tha battery pack used to go in the days of MSC's Joe? Excuse my ingnorance.........I'm ignorant! :rolleyes:

That the one where tha battery pack used to go in the days of MSC's Joe? Excuse my ingnorance.........I'm ignorant! :rolleyes:

Yeah that one :) chop an old servo wire, or buy a bag of 10 connectors for a quid on ebay. It'll kick out 6v constantly.

Link didn't work, at least for me,mate. I didn't want to go 11.1v 'cause I'm too lazy (and cheap) to change the fans on my ESC's

hmm seems to work for me.......

anyone any hints for changing fans ie, where can i get them???? :unsure:

Yeah that one :) chop an old servo wire, or buy a bag of 10 connectors for a quid on ebay. It'll kick out 6v constantly.

Thanks Joe I'll remember that ^_^ .