• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Traxxas Slash/ Rustler!

TiM!

because there are better Systems out there

The motor is fine :)

3700, good for higher capacity batteries or even low :)

But the ESC is pure naff, it cant handle lipo's all to well

However it does work well with a Max Mamba :)

Ziggy

Well i don't think there's anything wrong with the VXL system i think it's a great system :closedeyes: and LVC stopping to earily i think is a good thing i would rather it cut off to earily then to late

I've been running my losi speed t on 6-7 cell's ( 4500 6 cell & 8.4v 3700 7 cell) without any problem's ;)

Ok cheers mate. :good: By the way, how are you getting on with that vapextech?

That looks just like the real thing (ish)

I was watching the video of this on the traxxas site last night,they had a real one going round the track :D

Looks rugged as hell :good:

Not broken anything yet. (Yet) :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
very nice mate :good: i bet it fly's now :D

Yup, have not had chance to really stretch its legs, because its raining right now. :( The quick blast up and down the road I did do was amazing though. Not even flat out and my jaw fell off totally. :o

:lol:

Very nice Tim :good: and your right brushless is the way to go

Cheers mate. :)

Edited by TiM!

So you finally got a brushless setup in her, nice one buddy :good: Your going to really enjoy that extra kick up the ass it gives.

Yeah its great when it works. :lol:

What sorta speeds you getting with that setup? And what battery?

Looks mint, bet it shifts

Not sure what kind of speed, over 35 easy though. On a 6cell 7.2v :)

• 2 weeks later...
wow some goos pics there

Cheers.

Should of got some at the skate park yesterday. Was having too much fun and forgot though. :(

Got rid of the receiver box. Was a pain when cleaning it, cos I take the brushless system out so it don't get wet. That meant taking all the damn screws out. So now the receiver lives on the chassis. :P

I want a new shell, was looking at this, but need to find an idea for a good paint job. :rolleyes:

Also anyone heard anything about this?

• 2 weeks later...

Someone correctly pointed out that my fans will need a good cool air flow to work well. So i very reluctantly did this:

DSC01914.jpg

DSC01916.jpg

DSC01915.jpg

DSC01917.jpg

DSC01918.jpg

Just used bits of the receiver box I did not need. Worked out ok, but I need a dremel! :lol:

Edited by TiM!

Thats quite ingenious actually, I like it! :D If it were me however, I uld have done holes in the front and rear windows to get a flow of air, but the Slash's shell is fairly open anyway.

Thanks, did think about a hole in the windscreen, but don't really have anything to cut it out with. :lol:

looks good

it really doesnt need any more air flow though, at about 30+mph enough air gets under to flip one over, think thats enough ;)

also the one on the roof looks like it could get ripped off pretty easy