• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Photography!

richhrly

Some absolutely beautifull pictures.scenes in here people, very very cool wish i could take photo's like these :thumbsup:

Wouldnt mind a few as desktops,,hint hint can i copy and paste my fave's please gents..?

Eg post #3550 above..pics 1-2 from stupar,,If your reading fella is that alright? My misses just walked in a went "Oh wow they are superb" and they are the only one's she has seen so far :whistling::thumbsup:

Cheers all i wont clutter this thread again :good:

Anyone reckon it's worth doing a Wallpapers thread? Posting up shots larger and a bit more selectively?

I'd be happy to throw a few up if other people wanted to get on board with it.

HappyLad - great oil/water shots! You use coloured card for the backgrounds?

Edited by halcalanky
  • Like 1

HappyLad - great oil/water shots! You use coloured card for the backgrounds?

Was a striped tea towel out of the kitchen :lol:

Going to give it another go now I understand a bit better how to do it.

Wallpapers thread sounds a great idea.

Might need some rules though...

defined resolutions etc.

Moon4thdec.jpg

untouchable World

here is an image from this evenings astro-photography

this has been through the blackbox of tricks a few times.

52 images stack in batches of six, then restacked and sampled until a final image was aquired.

ISo 1600

300mm focal length.

1/2500s

F5.6

AWB

Some absolutely beautifull pictures.scenes in here people, very very cool wish i could take photo's like these :thumbsup:

Wouldnt mind a few as desktops,,hint hint can i copy and paste my fave's please gents..?

Eg post #3550 above..pics 1-2 from stupar,,If your reading fella is that alright? My misses just walked in a went "Oh wow they are superb" and they are the only one's she has seen so far :whistling::thumbsup:

Cheers all i wont clutter this thread again :good:

I am more than happy to let you use my images for your desktop wallpaper.

The versions posted are only small versions. If you want larger you would be better off giving me your screen size and i will knock you up ones that will fit properly.

@rich - I'd be happy to offer some of my images to a wallpaper thread on the presumption they are only used as personal wallpapers only.

As above, given everyone's screen sizes differ, if there's something in particular anyone is after feel free to contact me and i will sort out the appropriate size for you.

I am more than happy to let you use my images for your desktop wallpaper.

The versions posted are only small versions. If you want larger you would be better off giving me your screen size and i will knock you up ones that will fit properly.

@rich - I'd be happy to offer some of my images to a wallpaper thread on the presumption they are only used as personal wallpapers only.

As above, given everyone's screen sizes differ, if there's something in particular anyone is after feel free to contact me and i will sort out the appropriate size for you.

Thats awesome.

The resolution is of my old dell is 1440 x 900 60hz dont know if that helps?

I did test trial a copy/paste of one picture in here...Its of the 4th rail bridge at night...?

That image Fitted perfectly!! I have Deleated it since as i would like to ask permission from the poster first,,if i can find it again lol...

Thats awesome.

The resolution is of my old dell is 1440 x 900 60hz dont know if that helps?

I did test trial a copy/paste of one picture in here...Its of the 4th rail bridge at night...?

That image Fitted perfectly!! I have Deleated it since as i would like to ask permission from the poster first,,if i can find it again lol...

I shall get onto it ASAP.

I think the forth rail bridge may be my shot (if its the one with the light streak across it caused by the train). If so you are more than welcome to use it as a wallpaper.

I shall get onto it ASAP.

I think the forth rail bridge may be my shot (if its the one with the light streak across it caused by the train). If so you are more than welcome to use it as a wallpaper.

99% Thats the one, was shot at what i would say was late dusk...To the right of the bridge, under its suspended open section,, in the distance there are some very bright lights, i assume from a quay side, maybe from an industrial source?

Beautifully taken shot, such diversity to the image..from colours to points to reference too and from.

If yours or not i bow in awe, very well executed picture that . :first:

99% Thats the one, was shot at what i would say was late dusk...To the right of the bridge, under its suspended open section,, in the distance there are some very bright lights, i assume from a quay side, maybe from an industrial source?

Beautifully taken shot, such diversity to the image..from colours to points to reference too and from.

If yours or not i bow in awe, very well executed picture that . :first:

That seems to be the one yeah. Feel free to use it for wallpaper. If that one worked on your monitor ok, then the other two should do too (all the same size), if not though let me know and I shall sort out the larger size for you.

That seems to be the one yeah. Feel free to use it for wallpaper. If that one worked on your monitor ok, then the other two should do too (all the same size), if not though let me know and I shall sort out the larger size for you.

Your a gent, just wanted to be sure before i enjoyed.

Did not know if they were part of say a "working/earning portfolio" of your work.. i didnt want to risk a copyright fine lol as a few people i know who appreciate photography as much as me were going to recieve an email with it attached for them to enjoy..,I have your approval and they shall now recieve those mails :thumbsup:

Worlds a small place thanks to the web lol.

Thanks again Stupar, and seriously fella keep at it you guys have a real talent the world should get to see and appreciate :thumbsup:

Cheers Mr Drifta. No worries, anything is use for portfolio's/commercial use never gets posted here so you are fine.

Here's a shot of the moon from tonight, a mere grab shot before dinner.

6460749179_666c37b0e3_b_d.jpg

wow dude, how many shots did you roll off ?. maybe throw them into registax

wish my lens would go that far. am struggling at mo, did not get the scope i expected to, but have a nice new tripod and cir polorizer filter. 2 more months before i get a big scope and some nice crater photos

Seeing as we are throwing up some moon shots, here's the one I got last night:

IMG_5668_1.jpg

Single shot with my Sigma 70-300 at 300mm, ISO 1600, f/5.6, 1/1250.

Getting some really clear skies at night lately, just waiting for the weather to dry up a bit and hopefully get a go at some star trails.

@tamiyacowboy - Thats a single exposure with the Sigma 50-500mm @500mm

Camera settings were -

f11, 1/500th ISO400 handheld

WOW and double wow.

am shooting at f5.6 and 1/2500s. but in burst mode. found i can take 6 shots before you see defined moon skip. are you running any filters ?.

got myself a cheap'ish tripod today so should have better control over tracking nebula's

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

WOW and double wow.

am shooting at f5.6 and 1/2500s. but in burst mode. found i can take 6 shots before you see defined moon skip. are you running any filters ?.

got myself a cheap'ish tripod today so should have better control over tracking nebula's

No filters at all, just plain old point and shoot.

The colour is then brought out using plug-in's in photoshop.

having some problems.

fitted UV protector to my canon 90-300, all is good pin sharp focus on bright objects, like moon and street lamps.

next i decide to fit the cir polarizing filter, point at a bright object ( the moon in sky only thing), now i know focus should be bang on, i snap shot and lens now acts like it is out of focus, so i flip on autofocus, camera adjusts and takes shot its out of focus again.

where am i going wrong, and how do i tell when polarizer is neutral. if i take the polar off focus returns. if i take uv filter off an put polar back on focus goes out.

we was posting lunar shots here way before the astro thread, and it is more geared towards scopes and digital recording not still frame photography

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

having some problems.

fitted UV protector to my canon 90-300, all is good pin sharp focus on bright objects, like moon and street lamps.

next i decide to fit the cir polarizing filter, point at a bright object ( the moon in sky only thing), now i know focus should be bang on, i snap shot and lens now acts like it is out of focus, so i flip on autofocus, camera adjusts and takes shot its out of focus again.

where am i going wrong, and how do i tell when polarizer is neutral. if i take the polar off focus returns. if i take uv filter off an put polar back on focus goes out.

we was posting lunar shots here way before the astro thread, and it is more geared towards scopes and digital recording not still frame photography

What kind of circular polariser did you fit (i.e. good quality or cheap version). Anyway, with a UV filter and a CP filter you are essentially forcing your lens to focus through an extra two pieces of glass. The CP will also drop the light inducing by at least 1/2 stops, so it might be that.

Can I ask why you are using a UV and CP filter, just curious?

was said on an astronomy forum a polar filter acts like a ND filter and helps when shooting the moon. maybe it was other way round and im just stupid, but i cannot see any change through viewfinder.

was lazy and had just put the protector lens on lol,

camlink are the filters, i just grabbed them

Edited by Tamiyacowboy