• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How fast is your r/c we want to know

chris52

Quite a few of you know me and know i like speed racing r/c, well myself Nic Nase and a few other guys have setup a new website dedicated to r/c speed. There is a database where you can enter your cars your speeds,specs etc etc.

link here

So what is the ISC?

"The International Radio Controlled Speed Challenge (ISC) is an organization of people dedicated to the world wide promotion & growth of speed run racing radio controlled (R/C) cars. We believe that the foundation of the sport is based in the grass roots non-racing public - amateurs, hobbyists and bashers - as well as the seasoned professional. It is the intention of the ISC website to become a knowledge base for everything related to speed runs for r/c cars, to be the central source for records, both official and unofficial, and to be used as the industry standard in certifying true vehicle speeds as claimed by manufacturers."

The site has only gone live today so we need everyone and anyone's input suggestions and cars putting into the database.

Chris

nice site.

ive been doing a brushless lipo tc3 recently but i doubt it would beat the 84 mph current record in the electric scale class.

I rekon ive got it to around 50-55mph so far (all legally 2s 5000mah lipo), could do with some hints on making it faster.

Current setup:

mamba max esc

mamba 7700kv motor

demon 2s 5000mah 20c lipo

standard tc3

nice site.

ive been doing a brushless lipo tc3 recently but i doubt it would beat the 84 mph current record in the electric scale class.

I rekon ive got it to around 50-55mph so far (all legally 2s 5000mah lipo), could do with some hints on making it faster.

Current setup:

mamba max esc

mamba 7700kv motor

demon 2s 5000mah 20c lipo

standard tc3

the new 9000kv motor and a 3s lipo. OR, anotehr 2s lipo in series :)

No, unless you wnted to run it in the Electric open class where there are no battery limitations I believe, but you will be running against cars that are purposely made for ridiculous speeds.

Either that or you be like me, and go and record the slowest speed but have a laugh doing it, and DON'T crash *Cough*Scott*cough*

i would have space for one on the other side of the spur gear but i dont think you are allowed multiple motors in the scale electric class either.

Edited by pieman5