• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Gadget show

nitrorhys

lol, did you see them fail at jumping? no one thought to instruct them not to go WOT off the jump rofl

That's what i like to hear lol makes them easier to beat :) glad to see yours got allot of footage there chris :) ready to lean it out and go quicker :D

;) they missed out LOADS

but hey thats TV

an they had 1 day to learn to jump,an had us all there teaching them,it was the first time EVER suzi had driven an RC car

but well done chris,an we will be smashing the records SOON ;)

;) as easy as we can do it,an have done a thousand times,at TM

it needs to be offical,an that means you have to land on all four wheels,an roll away,or carry on

it also has to be recorded by the guiness world record people,at the time of doing it,so they have to be there

if you go onto the guiness web site,you can fill in some form an submit your request :good:

That's what i like to hear lol makes them easier to beat :) glad to see yours got allot of footage there chris :) ready to lean it out and go quicker :D

if they had kept to the origional plan they would have had two records but 15m that was a bit daft

and yes the twin will go a hell of a lot faster next time out :D

;) they missed out LOADS

but hey thats TV

an they had 1 day to learn to jump,an had us all there teaching them,it was the first time EVER suzi had driven an RC car

but well done chris,an we will be smashing the records SOON ;)

cheers mark was a good couple of days fun wasn't it :D

chris

;) certainly was bud

an much better than it looked on the show :good:

but pi55ed we didnt get a mention,seen as we spent 3 freezing days down there camping lol

but was great to see your buggy,when they rolled it up the ramp,with the TM sticker on the side

Edited by hoss

Haha that was cool. Just finished watching it. They suck at jumping. Loved the bit at the start when someone backflipped the nitrage - who did that? And whos was the buggy with TM logo on? is it a mp777? also that twin engined car if a bloody beast. And I thought it was a hyper chassis? Jason said it was a mp777? Anyway pretty good, and nice to see some of our guys cars on TV :D.

Edit: Lol where on earth did u get

Edited by m3lyc

;) both the buggy an the car are chris52's

both twin engines

an yes it did start out a long time ago as a kyosho MP777

an it was jason that backflipped,but my fault i told him to nail it lol :lol::lol:

haha i see, ones the basher and others a speed king. and lol, might get a nitrage, they look well built tbh. is that u carrying baja at the start of part 2?

haha i see, ones the basher and others a speed king. and lol, might get a nitrage, they look well built tbh. is that u carrying baja at the start of part 2?

nah, read a review, and the nitrage got slammed. and you know how biased reviews are usually!

oh, and the engine is connected to the gearbox by a DOGBONE. WTH?

No offence to the people that took part but i thought it was VERY poor. The gadget show people (suzi and jason) were obviously not very well educated on the subject of R/C although they still tried to talk about them as though they did (one example was in the studio, saying the twin engine mp777 ran on petrol :lol: )

To tell you the truth, i was expecting a lot better.

To tell you the truth, i was expecting a lot better.

I kind of understand what you are getting at - but the thing is the Gadget show is supposed to be an "entertainment" programme. The idea being to get as many people watching as possible. If they were more technical about the subject then I'm sure the majority of the audience wouldn't be interested and would switch off.

Anyway - top work to Chris52 and the rest of the guys that were down there. Just a shame that the "RC boffins" :lol: didn't get a bit more screen time ;)

Plus then they go and review a ****²ty Tyco RC and tell everyone to buy it. It was fun but the researchers ought to at least look at some forums and learn about the cars before they do the show. I'm sure the record for jumping could have been beaten if one of you guys drove.

Shame they didn't EVEN mention Nic on the show. He had his car there (AFAIK) and we could have seen it some more and they could have maybe explained how it worked to the general public.

the way I see it is that if it brings more decent people to the hobby it can be a good thing.

Shame they didn't EVEN mention Nic on the show. He had his car there (AFAIK) and we could have seen it some more and they could have maybe explained how it worked to the general public.

As mentioned earlier it's an entertainment show, they can't show the car and how it works (a lot of screentime!) and then not show it running. It would just dissapoint people...

Having read this thread I guess I won't waste my time watching the programme...

As mentioned earlier it's an entertainment show, they can't show the car and how it works (a lot of screentime!) and then not show it running. It would just dissapoint people...

Yes, but they spent enough time talking about washing machines didn't they?