• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

starter box or roto start ?

calum101

personally i'd say roto start as its less to carry round. remember your gonna need batteries and a charger for whatever you buy. i had a roto start [and yes it shredded bearings but it was the fault of the engine] and it was so easy to start the engine, still slightly bulky to carry but certainly worth the money on saved plasters for blisters :P

even on my mach 28 hobao?? :blush:

Why would you need to? The point of the one way bearing is that when the engine is spinning it doesn't turn the pull start mechanism. A starter box simply turns the engine as it would when running, the one way bearing slips as it should and will protect the pull start.

Why would you need to? The point of the one way bearing is that when the engine is spinning it doesn't turn the pull start mechanism. A starter box simply turns the engine as it would when running, the one way bearing slips as it should and will protect the pull start.

I threw the broken pullstart away. just get a backplate for it,and leave the spindle in :good:

• 2 weeks later...

i been thing of getting a rotor start for my roit and i think that is the only option i have, not have had it that long all ready have blisters and pulled the plastic thing off the knot on the end lol