• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hyper 7 .28 engine seized

I took the car out tonight and I was blasting down a long straight for about 10 seconds and then it made a little popping sound as if a hose had popped off and then it died but when iconnected the rotorstart to it to restart it, it wouldn't budge now is that my enngine knackered,if it is depending on the damage can I rebuild it ie new piston, conrod etc etc

first off open it up see what is broken and look for scratches inside the crank case if it is just the piston and liner that are damaged you will be able to get a new one. if there is any damage inside the crank case you would be better off buying a new engine

I took the car out tonight and I was blasting down a long straight for about 10 seconds and then it made a little popping sound as if a hose had popped off and then it died but when iconnected the rotorstart to it to restart it, it wouldn't budge now is that my enngine knackered,if it is depending on the damage can I rebuild it ie new piston, conrod etc etc

how new was the engine? was it run in properly?