• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wrong Air Fileter?

Langy

Just ordered some parts for the car (Hyper 7) and ordered the wrong air filter.

Got an Oval fastrax one, is it still OK to use on the Hyper 7?

Obviously I would need to replace the whole casing as its oval and not round.

Langy

If the screw keeps coming out then I would have thought its because its not got a good fit anymore. So yes I think with that so far I would certainly look at replacing it.

I would gather that most air filters would be fine. in the case of the Hyper 7 they would need to be the open type and not fully covered.

I'm sure someone will give us a few options, I just wanted to have some spares so that if I'm out on a bash and the filter becomes too bogged down I can change it and carry on.

Langy

If the screw keeps coming out then I would have thought its because its not got a good fit anymore. So yes I think with that so far I would certainly look at replacing it.

I would gather that most air filters would be fine. in the case of the Hyper 7 they would need to be the open type and not fully covered.

I'm sure someone will give us a few options, I just wanted to have some spares so that if I'm out on a bash and the filter becomes too bogged down I can change it and carry on.

Langy

Cheers Langy, you would have thought straight out of the box there wouldn't be an issue with the srews or filter. Guess I'll look fo a new one.

Question: In stead of another Hyper 7 one is there a better one I should get???