• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

making a new chassis

chris52

• 3 weeks later...

well thed speed chassis is nearly finished, chassis made all the running gear is fitted and working. decided to change the picco engines for 2 os 28xz with hong nor big bore pipes.

anyway here are a few update pics

327217140.jpg

327217147.jpg

327217150.jpg

327217145.jpg

chris

Edited by chris52

are those brake discs carbon? they look mighty chunky :P

do you think carbon brake pads are any good? and also i saw the carbon support going from one end of the chassis to another in the other picture, are they standard or did you get it made/make it?

how do you get to the low speed needle on the left engine?

very impressive project would be amazing to see it go 100+

where did you get the alloy from? iv been looking for some good quality stuff to try and make a chassis out of

are those brake discs carbon? they look mighty chunky :P

do you think carbon brake pads are any good? and also i saw the carbon support going from one end of the chassis to another in the other picture, are they standard or did you get it made/make it?

yes the discs are carbon. dont know if they are any good yet as i havn't tried them.

the carbon brace was specially made for a full carbon chassis from an mp7.5. i bought it second hand some time ago so dont know where you could get one from now

how do you get to the low speed needle on the left engine?

easy answer you can't. the engine needs to be tuned prior to going in the buggy. then you tune the second engine to match.

WHOAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! :P

OMG man, lol..that is just looovely.

I mean, i love the way you just "decide" to get new stuff, worth a fortune! :P lol, your a joker mate, really cool! :)

Reall really nice man.

Love it.

i already had one os2xz and when compared to the picco it just seemed to have way more power. so i got another

verry verry nice shell where do u live and what time u out tomorow beacuse im coming to steal the hole car lol onlyjoking mate but it is verry nice wana cee sum pics ov it dirty

your right mate, but i cant fit a buggy shell on it. i will be looking into other more aerodynamic shells but for the moment this will have to do

chris

But Chris, is there no way to mount a shell somthing like this

teamtitanblitz10lola-1.jpg

So it covers the wheel and stuff, maybe you could try get hold of one asap, tomorrow even, and get some mounting sorted out for it :)

But Chris, is there no way to mount a shell somthing like this

teamtitanblitz10lola-1.jpg

So it covers the wheel and stuff, maybe you could try get hold of one asap, tomorrow even, and get some mounting sorted out for it :)

your joking right mate? it would have to be a bloody big shell to cover the wheels on a 1/8 buggy

your right, a shell roughly 50x30cm isnt big at all
whats the problem with a shell that big, and its not even that big anyway, it'd probably be a lot less than that, and i doubt it matters when we're talking about a car here going 100mph+, and also the RC car which went 115mph with 3 Engines had a shell similar to that shape.

whats the problem with a shell that big, and its not even that big anyway, it'd probably be a lot less than that, and i doubt it matters when we're talking about a car here going 100mph+, and also the RC car which went 115mph with 3 Engines had a shell similar to that shape.

the shell would need to be that big to clear the wheels and go front to back of the car