• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya connectors

rykard

Hi,

i am trying to make a converter to go from a spade connector on my charger to a Tamiya connector on my battery. I am a ttoal beginner when it comes to this sort of thing. Does anyone know where I can get a 'how to' guide as i have all the parts but putting them together is another story...

How much cable each end?

do I solder or not?

why do these things look easy till you try??? :(

If you have no need for the "spade" connectors on the charger, why not simply snip them off and put a Tamiya plug on there instead? - saves making a convertor.

If I recall correctly (but not 100% sure), Tamiya connectors are crimped onto the end of the wire.

So, you just take off the required length of insulation, crimp the connector onto the wire, then insert into the plug body :good:

Have 1 set of wires going to the tamiya plug, and one set going to the spade connectors.

I use a tamiya>corally converter I made out of some spare plugs and wire for my awful chargers because I can't be bothered with the hassle of rewiring it properly. It's super easy to do.

Maplins sell uncrimped Tamiya connectors.. but order online as the shop staff are usually thick as pig sh....aped manure & unless the guy behind the counter knows anything about RC (which is rare as Maplin staff need usually training to blink properly) when you utter the words "tamiya connector" you will get a blank look & the guy will stand scratching his head for 2 hours.

Failing that youmay well buy pre-built tamiya connectors on ebay.. i bought a bunch about 6 months ago & got 10 pairs for about