• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

SMD Entry Level Starter Box

farmergoggin

After my pull start has broke i am really thinking about getting this starterbox.

Is this suitable for a hyper 7 .28?

How long do starterbox's last for?

Does this make have a good resale value?

what esle would you recommend?

thanks

EDIT:forgot to say can put the pull starter back on with out the bobbin inside so it will cover the back? or do i require a back plate?

Also whats the best way to remove the throttle servo that connects to the carb as i will be taking out the engine tommrow

Edited by farmergoggin

Most starter boxes are ok for all hypers, they have adjustable pegs so you can adjust them to suit your car, i have a entry level one (single motor) which is ok but looking back i wish i had brought a twin motor version, it works fine starting the car when warm but from cold you do need a nice charger up battery otherwise she struggles a little.

The should last for a long while if you look after it.

Not sure there re-sale value, check ebay........

If you can afford it go for a twin motor version, much better imo.

Not sure about the back plate/cover.......

As for throttle servo, just pop of the arm that connects at the carb end, its a little ball joint that just pops out with a little force.

Hope this helps ;)

Edited by stephenmx50

say if i was too get a 12v battery how long would this last on average? Those smd boxes do look gd tho!

Depends on how much you use it and how tight your engine is as a new engine will need more torque to get the fly wheel turning.But With my 12v volt i can usually get a full day in with out a charge.

Its a mistake using a 12v cell when you can run two 7.2v packs. Trust me it makes a difference.

If you are talking about SMD box's , then yes they come with both 12v and 7.2v connections, well mine did at least. And even if they don't it would be pennies to make one.