• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

spur gear

savage baz

Yea the Marders Gear 'should' fit, my mates gotta Marder and they look identical to my old XRCs.

However i never tried it myself but im 95% sure they will.

Have you tweaked your XRC and now its eating spur gears for breakfast...?

Mrp :ph34r:

The XRC is based on the Technokit Junior cars, I used to run an on road race spec Technokit and they too suffered a bit from this problem, its caused under load by the lay shaft carrier pulling away from the clutchbell carrier.

Technokit designed a special alloy mount that had the 3 fixings around the clutchbell but also had an extra arm that had a hole in it that located around the lay shaft carrier, this tied the whole lot together and the problem stopped. As the XRC as std has a plastic clutchbell mount the problem will be even worse.

I see the XRC has its rear brake assembly mounted on the layshaft carrier, if there is some free space at the end of the carrier, inline with the clutchbell carrier, then the Technokit part will probably fit and solve the problem.

There should still be some of these parts in the UK, from memory they weren't that expensive, cost of 3 or 4 gears.

I have some pitcures of the part if you pm me, and can probably get hold of it as well.

Pete

TrakSide Racing