• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Futaba 3GR-FS

chris harte

If I was to run the kit on 3 channels what could I use the 3rd channel for without the MFU unit.

Im not 100% sure even though i own a 3speed high lift and scania truck. :lol: it would be best to ask on www.tamiyaclub.com/forum

they will give great help about trucks etc :good:

Edited by amritpal_sehra

Cheers. I thought it might be something like that.

Does it auto gear change with acceleration on the TX or do you have to stop and press the 3rd channel?

its like a real car!! you change gear from the transmitter.the left stick doesnt go up and down like the 2 channel-it goes in a gear pattern.

like this:

clicky

every 4 channel transmitter will be like this.you have to buy the gear guide seperate-this will stop you gear grinding as its a guide to show which direction to change gear in .the top 3 are 1st gear,2nd and third.the bottom is 1st,2nd,3rd but reverse.

Edited by amritpal_sehra

Thanks. Is there any particular problems that runs across the range of tamiya trucks?

Do you need any particular spares also?

ive never heard of there being probelms with them(as long as you build it right) :P and i dont think you need any particluar spares :)

Edited by amritpal_sehra

tip is to empty the parts bags into little boxes because the parts are all over and it just makes it easier

When getting the radio system remember to get one with manual trim, you can use digital trim but its alot slower

Edited by The_Blue_Dragon