• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

surround sound

crispi

i thinkin of getting a new hifi or home cinema type thing and found this

looks cool and spose to be £300. what you guys think? also how do these type of things compare to hifi's in playing cd's , like are they not as good for the money cos i will mostly be using it for music as i dont watch many films.

The one you linked to isn't very good. Aiwa don't good systems and they are renowned for breaking down. It also has a passive sub when for that much you should be looking at an active one.

Look at some Sony or Panasonic models, they make much better ones for the same price.

Ye as samari said AIWA are basicly cheap chinese stuff.

try get kenwood or technics, these are very well known and are superbly built and they low your ears off!

try buy seperate decks. I did and it cost more but looks and sounds alot better.

I would only really bother with a seperates system unless you really want the very best quality. Most people wouldn't even notice the difference between a high end Hi-Fi and a seperates system. Only get one if you are obsessed about the quality of music and have a lot of money to spend.

lol you should see my set up when i get a pic of it

and that system on that link i would not go for. get the sepreats as one of my amps is a demon av unit and powering 5 speekers all this under £200 no sub needed i will show you in a pic tmo why :) lets say i have in total of 13 speakers using 2 amps (1 av and the other battery powerd amp)

Forget about all of the Technics crap etc.. ( Technics are built by Panasonic)) Enough said on that subject :)

Go get a decent Amp and a pair of Bose speakers... Rock the Street... No need for silly subs etc. :P