• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Hyper 7 .28 So far (Now with Nosram RS.28 Evo)

Indie

cracking car youv got there mate.

having second thoughts about this meet when our cars are finished, think i would be embaressed next to that beauty :helpsmilie:

Lol, Cheers mate,

Should get some pics of yours up mate,

We'll get some good pics when we go bashing

I am ordering the Nosram RS.28 to fit into it as my Mach.28 doesn't really tune very well or hold a tune. Chris

How comes your having problems holding tune???? Mine works all day long usually without touching the needles, but your suppost to adjust every tankful anyway for optimal performance/safety.

I really don't get why everyones having issues.....

How comes your having problems holding tune???? Mine works all day long usually without touching the needles, but your suppost to adjust every tankful anyway for optimal performance/safety.

I really don't get why everyones having issues.....

I don't know why I am having problems or I would have fixed it rather than spend £130 on a new Engine lol.

Anyway the Nosram RS.28 is a more powerful engine, so I am not really that bothered as it was going to be changed at some at the point.

Will get some pics up when I get it next week

I don't know why I am having problems or I would have fixed it rather than spend £130 on a new Engine lol.

Anyway the Nosram RS.28 is a more powerful engine, so I am not really that bothered as it was going to be changed at some at the point.

Will get some pics up when I get it next week

Yeah thats a nice engine, shame you can't increase your fuel tank size though.

What exactly were your problems then when you say it weren't holding tune??

Yeah thats a nice engine, shame you can't increase your fuel tank size though.

What exactly were your problems then when you say it weren't holding tune??

The engine would work fine for a while and then just start stalling and not be able to be started again. The Engine was not overheating as was checked with temperature gun to make sure it wasn't. I have been told the Engine may have an air leak hence the behaviour.

Don't think the fuel tank is gonna take much longer to empty than it does with the Mach .28

how long does a tank of fuel last in the mach*.28??? i cant remember becuase i didnt time mine, think it was about ten mins though (gestimate)

Fuel tank easily lasts about 15 to 20 mins depending on how the engind is tuned and how hard you are pushing it.

k my mate fort it was 15mins but i wasnt too sure becuase neither of us had watches on and it was starting to rain (car was under a big umbrella thanks to my mates dad)

Should get some pics up of your car so far mate, Always interesting to see what people have done so far lol

I wanna see what your forced air induction thing looks like

Chris

Dunno mines about 10 minutes run time....

Air leak???

You sure it was not something silly like running too rich? Broken needle or something.... I don't have any problems like that at all.

Not Patronising at all are we? Trust me it's not running to rich, It will run upto temperature and then just stop working, Even when the needles are set all back to the base setting the car idle for long until it cuts out. Been told it was an airleak somewhere and to check for it.

Btw, you wouldn't have problems like I am having cause you haven't got an Air leak lol.

ur hyper looks cool mate dont know if you done it all ready but bolton model mart do a throttle and brake linkage upgrade its only £7 with free post

its called a dinamite pro linkage upgrade it worth the money if ur interested.

Cheers mate,

have you got a link to it at all?

Chris

Looks good Chris.:)

Did you remove metal from the engine mounting base or just use spacers on the actual mounts?

You know that if you undo the brass collar around the HSN you'll be able to rotate the fuel nipple to a better position?

Have you ran it in yet?

Looks good Chris.:)

Did you remove metal from the engine mounting base or just use spacers on the actual mounts?

You know that if you undo the brass collar around the HSN you'll be able to rotate the fuel nipple to a better position?

Have you ran it in yet?

Cheers Anthoop,

I'll have to move the fuel nipple as it's in a stupid position at the moment, Cheers for letting me know.

I tried to get it started a bit today but it has tonnes of compression (undone the glowplug slightly) and is spitting a lot of oil down the Exhaust. I managed to get it started for about 10 to 15 seconds before stalling. so I decided to leave it for now as I was just getting a bit frustrated lol, Will give it a good go tomorrow night in the garage.

I tried to get it started a bit today but it has tonnes of compression (undone the glowplug slightly) and is spitting a lot of oil down the Exhaust. I managed to get it started for about 10 to 15 seconds before stalling. so I decided to leave it for now as I was just getting a bit frustrated lol, Will give it a good go tomorrow night in the garage.

Yes there will be alot of compression,either loosen the glow plug or add two washers to it and tighten it up....This will reduce compression but more importantly you should warm the motor up before starting,ideally with a heat-gun but a high powered hair dryer should be able to do the job!

When you say "it's spitting a lot of oil down the exhaust" i take it you mean that that there is a lot of fuel coming out of the stinger (not a leak) ...meaning that the engine is rich and/or flooded.

Don't be frightened to lean the HSN 1/4 turn (or more) and advance the throttle 1/2....make sure the wheels are off the ground and once it's started turn the throttle down and re-richen the HSN if needed.

Yes there will be alot of compression,either loosen the glow plug or add two washers to it and tighten it up....This will reduce compression but more importantly you should warm the motor up before starting,ideally with a heat-gun but a high powered hair dryer should be able to do the job!

When you say "it's spitting a lot of oil down the exhaust" i take it you mean that that there is a lot of fuel coming out of the stinger (not a leak) ...meaning that the engine is rich and/or flooded.

Don't be frightened to lean the HSN 1/4 turn (or more) and advance the throttle 1/2....make sure the wheels are off the ground and once it's started turn the throttle down and re-richen the HSN if needed.

Cheers again Anthoop, I'll try the Double spacer trick for now, I have heated the Engine and it started but cut out soon after,

Will let you know how I get on tomorrow. I also found the screw that you loosen to move the car around had come out and may have been causing an air leak. I have screwed it back in tightened it up so hopefully that'll only help,

Chris

Looking sweet Chris,them wheels look great with the tyres,well worth the wait i'd say.A wing the same colour as the wheels would be cool and get something on that head,it'd be a shame to damage that mate.I'm gonna have to spend some more on mine but i've got some further mods to do on the MG 16's first.Let us know how them tyres perform,I was going to go with the Shumacher Venoms but Prolines look good too.... :good:

Looking sweet Chris,them wheels look great with the tyres,well worth the wait i'd say.A wing the same colour as the wheels would be cool and get something on that head,it'd be a shame to damage that mate.I'm gonna have to spend some more on mine but i've got some further mods to do on the MG 16's first.Let us know how them tyres perform,I was going to go with the Shumacher Venoms but Prolines look good too.... :good:

Cheers Mr Terminator,

The tyres are excellent. Managed to get a small run with them on before I changed to the Nosram. They are really grippy which is pretty good, a sharp turn will cock the back wheel.

Would a standard Mach.28 head protector fit on the Engine? It's much larger than the Mach.28 which meant I had to trim parts of the shell to get it to stick through the top.

I love the colour of the wheels too, Seems to me more people are going for black but Gun Metal all the way with me. I have tried to get a wing the same colour but can't seem to find any about (If anyone knows of any point me in the right direction please :good: ) Think I might just end up making one out of Aluminium or buying the black Hobao wing.

Chris