• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

I got ripped off on ebay....

boze

Hey, I bought this item Nitro car on ebay and the b*stard never sent it so now im having to trawl through the paypal process of getting my cash back and hoping they decide in my favour....

Basically im looking for a nitro road car for about £120 and i know theres not a lot of good ones available for that price. Was just wondering if there was anything you could reccomend? I was looking for something with a .15 or .18 engine and if possible a metal chassis......

Do these look any good?

Car 1

Car 2

Car 3

Thanks in advance for any help ppl and avoid ebay member 2229dean at all costs.

cheers

Damo

If its any help Paypal always go in favour of the buyer, so just report it to them and you will be ok.

Stuart

Hey, I bought this item Nitro car on ebay and the b*stard never sent it so now im having to trawl through the paypal process of getting my cash back and hoping they decide in my favour....

Basically im looking for a nitro road car for about £120 and i know theres not a lot of good ones available for that price. Was just wondering if there was anything you could reccomend? I was looking for something with a .15 or .18 engine and if possible a metal chassis......

Do these look any good?

Car 1

Car 2

Car 3

Thanks in advance for any help ppl and avoid ebay member 2229dean at all costs.

cheers

Damo

Car 2 or 3 mate,i'd go with 2 the parts are easy to get for both of these and if you've not received an item off ebay when paying with paypal you'll get your money back less £15 :good: admin fee....

I haven't done a search to see what parts are available, but a shop near me (online too although you need to call), stock an extensive range of HPI parts.

I believe the super rs4 rally will be an old model and certain spares will be hard to get ;)

Imo all the nitros you linked to are crap

Edited by Hpi_matrix_stock

To be fair though, is it a good idea to buy from someone that trys to sell things like this:

comes wiv fuel and starter wiv charger and is in brand new box

sorry to here about ebay.example is the reason i go for closer ones or spend the extra on train to collect. theres a mugen mbx5 or some thing like that on preloved classifieds..i hear nothing but mugen being top notch and it comes with all gear.i am personnely a off rd person so i may be wrong about this mugen but as i say i have heard nothing but good of mugen..i wish you luck and hope you get some thing good

cheers guys, when i bought it i was sort of n a rush so didnt pay as close attention to the detail as i should have, but ive learned my lesson haha, im getting my cash back and will buy another one. Im going to have to wait till i get the refund before i buy a new one so the ones i posted will probably have finished by then. Theres a german company called Seben Racing who seem to make decent enough nitro cars, anyone heard of them? Their website's here: Seben Racing

thanks again folks :-)

Damo

hey go easy :rolleyes::whistling: ..he was asking for recomendations and a bit of :helpsmilie:

Saying there crap is helpful... More helpful then telling him there good and you can get spares easy peasy :closedeyes:

Are you defo after a 1/10 on road car? As it limits you to on-road only (obviously). If you stick to your budget its probably best to buy something like a second hand Hpi evo off someone on a forum (sign up to MB), it would be much better to up for budget £60 and get something new though.

Are you defo after a 1/10 on road car? As it limits you to on-road only (obviously). If you stick to your budget its probably best to buy something like a second hand Hpi evo off someone on a forum (sign up to MB), it would be much better to up for budget £60 and get something new though.

Yeah im pretty sure im after a road car as we have a really big flat promenade here and some awesome smooth surfaced car parks, plus my mate has just bought an HPI 3cc evo+ something or other so it would be good to get som racing going on hehe

Ive been thinking about buying second hand but i read somewhere (might have been on this forum) that you can knacker an engine on one tank of fuel so id rather buy something brand new. I could probably stretch to about £160 but im really skint cos im off work just now as i ripped a few ligaments in my knee and have had a couple of operations (not good lol).

Whats MB by the way? is that another forum?

Cheers

Damo

Hello mate, sorry to hear about your dealing's on ebay. I have a TS-4N that i may consider selling. It's a lovely little car, ford focus bodyshell, very quick, i have only just put a new thunder tiger 15 engine in it, had about 2 litre's of fuel through it. If you are interested please let me know. I have a controller i could sell with it too. But you would need batteries, glow starter, fuel and your off.

If your interested i will put some pic's up of it. i will be sad to see it go but, IM SKINT, and it's xmas !!!!!

Ben

Ill have to wait till i get my refund off paypal. I wont say "yeah ill buy it" so if someone else wants it then sell it to them, but when i get my cash back ill have a gander at whats available to me. If you could send a few pics to me at [email protected] or just post them here ill have a looky just now anyways :)

cheers

Damo