• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

bad day..

rockers

what a bad start to the weekend!!!

took my touring car out with mamba max fitted , well wasnt over the moon didnt seem amazingly fast and then the belt fliped round and one side of the diff the bit that stops the belt falling off the side came off one one diff on one side same with the main drive belt cam off ....

took my xtm xt2 got the engine going fine but forgot to get the gears meshing right and mashed a spur gear .

Not happy

Ive got the 7700 kv mamba motor and it doesnt seem reli fast only a tad faster than my 19 t

Rocky

what a bad start to the weekend!!!

took my touring car out with mamba max fitted , well wasnt over the moon didnt seem amazingly fast and then the belt fliped round and one side of the diff the bit that stops the belt falling off the side came off one one diff on one side same with the main drive belt cam off ....

took my xtm xt2 got the engine going fine but forgot to get the gears meshing right and mashed a spur gear .

Not happy

Ive got the 7700 kv mamba motor and it doesnt seem reli fast only a tad faster than my 19 t

Rocky

There's something up with that! I just got 50mph today out of my MM7700. What batteries are you using? are you sure they are OK?

All I can say is you should easily be able to tell the difference between a 19T and a MM7700 - they aren't even in the same league!! The MambaMax is also very amp thirsty so good batteries make a difference - but to be honest even on average batteries there should still be a big difference. Sorry I can't be of more help .

Edited by RobG

Don't that juss p&$$ you off when stuff like that happens.My 1/16 little truggy bust the steering servo on me yesterday and F%$*ed off up the road were I was tuning it and flew into a kerb... :(

Edited by Mr Terminator

no , youve been alot of help thanks

So i need better batteires ? what do you run ?

Well I pushed the boat out and got myself a 2S2P Lipo 8000 pack from MaxAmps. It was expensive (over £100 inc. delivery and tax charges) but worth it. For about 2 months I was running it on a IB 4200 stick pack which served its purpose. A MM7700 should still be impressive even on NMhi cells - so I can't garuntee getting a Lipo will solve your problem. Unless you think that your cells could be knackered? There are other people on this forum with more experience than me that might be able to offer you better advice.

Rob

MR terminator - yer sure does suck had the diff joints go ony my mini inferno aswell...

Rob i dont think the cells are brilliant as i got em with the car 2nd hand ..... i got some gp3300 which should be better i think but couldnt use as belts went funny fixing now,

Thansk

Rocky

Rob i dont think the cells are brilliant as i got em with the car 2nd hand ..... i got some gp3300 which should be better i think but couldnt use as belts went funny fixing now,

Thansk

Rocky

I'd try the GP's and see what happens then. Have you programmed it at all? And are you using Deans connectors?

ahhh man took it out with some gp3300 a bit faster even more now defo faster than a 19 alot faster , well yer 2 min snapp rear belt snapped and the pully on the diff broke dammmmmmmmmmm anyone know where i can get the rear pulley for the diff to i cant find one ive found a place for the belt , dam thing,