• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Roto Start Shaft ?

Sin

Could i use a hpi roto start shaft with a drill ?? (I am a cheap skate and dont wanna buy a rotostart aswell). I mean it looks like it would fit but i am just double checking before i go ahead a buy one.

Hope somebody can help :D

To be honest mate the drill doesn't turn it over fast enough i tried it out on my evo when the rota starter was flat and it failed to strick up.

The drill works on the havoc because there is no gears on the e start it just goes straight to the owb where as the rota start on the engine has 3 gears to allow the low torque high speed rota motor to turn over effectively.

marty :)

what vechile you running and what sised engine

i start my buggy and my other cars with a cordless drill on full power setting not drill setting and they start make sure the drill is in reverse otherwise it wont turn over

i Used to start my Savage up with a drill, worked fine. Only problem ya might have is that the Torque on a drill is alot stronger(some have selective torque settings), it wont stop if you flood which can cause some damage to your engine.

thanks for the replies, sounds like it should work then :D

yeah my drill does have a torque setting so i'll just set that on low and it should be fine.