• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Expensive couple of hours......

HappyLad

Took my HN X1-CR out this afternoon for a race around a local car park. First time I've really had a chance to run it since I broke the motor in.

Anyone recommend a decent set of wheels & tyres that will be Ok for bashing round on concrete / tarmac??

Reason being that after about 15 mins of bashing round the paved floor (seems to be an old factory floor, lots of concrete slabs) the front tyres looked like this:

2007_09090001.jpg

Noticed the HN tyres were ballooning quite a bit - tbh I didn't think they'd last all that long :rolleyes:

Unfortunately the tyres aren't the end of my problems....

Didn't realise the pull start was touching the exhaust manifold when the shell was on. Result - one melted pull start.

2007_09090002.jpg

I'm going to be getting a starter box, so not too upset about this.....

Now the last bit of damage concerns me most.

I didn't see a steel I beam that was sticking out the ground by about 2 inch. Managed a head on at about 20-25mph. :blush: :blush:

From the front things don't look too bad, maybe just a bit of cosmetic damage.

2007_09090003.jpg

However, things take a more sinister turn when viewed from underneath...

Something has popped here and I have a sneaky feeling this is going to cost me $$'s :angry: :angry:

I really don't like to see screws like that :unsure: :unsure:

2007_09090005.jpg

I took the front assembly off to take a look.

The diff case is broke. Where the screw that was bent sits its sheared away, there is also a crack at the front.

Also looks like the front lower arm holder is bent - It did take quite a whack though :angry: :angry:

Guess I got to order some parts.

The chassis has a couple of stress marks round the screw holes that attach the diff case. Don't think its bent though.

Do you guys think I may need a new chassis or is this type of damage ok to live with ??

DSCF0723.jpg

Anyone recommend any decent tyres for tarmac / concrete or even car park type gravel ???

Edited by HappyLad

I've just got some Proline Road Rage tyres

there a bit chunky - there a bit like the normal car tyres, where other buggie wheels seem to be like low profiles....

But they dont seem too bad for grip :)

I aint been able to really test them tho :( so i cant say if there poo or sugar tbh....

Ziggy