• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Exhaust question

fisher

hi

i've lost the screws out of my exhaust on my rascal (they go through the engine then screw in) ive cable tied it on for a temporary measure but its still louder that it was (as if air is escaping sound like the exhaust isnt even there) can i still run it or will it cause damage to the car? Im trying to look for screws atm just really want to use it later. also if i cqan use it is there any thing else i need to do like richening it a little bit e.t.c?

Any help appreciated

Not sure, but I would guess it may not be a good idea to run the motor without the exhaust properly attached.

Similar thing happened to me on my HPI Firestorm. The exhaust just dropped off one day and I lost the screws that held in on and the gasket that seals the joint.

Shouldn't be too difficult to get replacement screws - I would imaging they are standard parts.

When you replace the screws it may be a good idea to put a bit of thread lock on them - should then stop them loosening through vibration.

If you have problems getting a gasket then try one of the tubes of instant gasket that you can get from Halfords.

a leaking manifold / exhaust will be making u run lean = damage

Cable ties - made of plastic - under heat they stretch = loosing the tension u put on them.....

Look up in the manual of ur car the missing screws - and look on online modelshops

www.jespares.com

www.modelsportuk.co.uk etc

And order 1 :)

Ziggy

if you have 2 screws and two bolts! that fit the screws, just push them right threw(they dont have to fit) put a couple of washers on if needed and screw the bolt on as hard as you can it will work for as long as you wont just keep screwing it in over and over(ever second time u fill her up with fuel"i did") it should last you till u get the corret ones THE SCREW DONT HAVE TO FIT! it would be better if u used smaller ones cause it wouldnt damage the thread.

This works on my car m8 but tell me how u get on if u chose to do it.

It also work if you have no thread on your mainifold but make sure its screwed on hard so the compresson is good.

Sam