• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

servo twitching ? ? ?

olligreen

Recenty fitted a set of cable brakes to the front of my marder. Great upgrade cant believe i lasted so long without them. Anyway to cope with the extra torque needed to operate properly I swapped the servo aswell. Everything works fine untill I reconnect the failsafe. . . .then the throttle servo twitches constantly, not to the point where the car is unuseable but it dont look right to me and i dont know if its damaging the servo. Ive re-routed the cables to see if they are picking up any interferance, no change.

Any ideas. By the way its an RC ACE servo and a MICROTRONICS failsafe

Edited by olligreen

• 2 weeks later...
Recenty fitted a set of cable brakes to the front of my marder. Great upgrade cant believe i lasted so long without them. Anyway to cope with the extra torque needed to operate properly I swapped the servo aswell. Everything works fine untill I reconnect the failsafe. . . .then the throttle servo twitches constantly, not to the point where the car is unuseable but it dont look right to me and i dont know if its damaging the servo. Ive re-routed the cables to see if they are picking up any interferance, no change.

Any ideas. By the way its an RC ACE servo and a MICROTRONICS failsafe

The Ace is a strange bugger. Had the same problem but fixed it by changing for another make of failsafe. Cant remember what it is but it may have been an Mtroniks.

Cheers Zcorpion. Have already changed failsafe for new but used the same make thinking that the old one was faulty. Looks like the wallet is coming out again! Will try a different make next time. Any recommendations would be appreciated, the failsafe ive got in at the moment is actually an Mtronics.

Edited by olligreen