• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Which way to fit fuel filter?

HappyLad

I've got a "Big Daddy Fuel Filter" - same as this - clicky

The problem is I don't know which way round it should go - :confused:

The filter has an element in with one end having a hole for entry / exist of fuel - see this

So....

Should the filter be arranged so that fuel passes through the element and exist through the middle and the whole at the end, or is it the other way round??

From the picture of the element, I think the fuel should be entering the filter from the left and exiting through the hole on the right. Is that correct??

Cheers

I think the fuel should be entering the filter from the left and exiting through the hole on the right. Is that correct??

Thats the way i have mine connected it seems to me to be the correct way and i havnt had any problems using it this way.

The more I've thought about it the more sure I am that I am right.

If there was some crud in the fuel and it entered the filter through the hole then there is a likelihood that it could block the filter.

Whereas, if the fuel enters the filter through the surface and exits through the hole then any crud should be left on the surface of the filter - should also make cleaning the filter easier also.

Hey I've convinced myself. Cheers fellas.

I always put the "chamber" part facing the tank......with the side with the filter facing the carb. Although I use stone filters on all my cars.

Euan