• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My MK2 Golf UPDATE!

The_Blue_Dragon

i dont know if the back is the same as the front but on the back you only need a fog light on the drivers side not sure if its the same for the front

On the rear, you can have one or two.

But on the front, it has to be two.

Ok, o well, Ill just add it to the parts list that is illegal.

Number Plates, Headlight (when my cross hairs arrive)

You should be ok mate. You can get UK legal RHD crosshair headlights from Volkspares (I think FK make them). You'll be fine with the air intake too, coz it's neither a headlight or a foglight that you're taking out. It's classed as a spotlight, which is only active when your headlights are on full beam, so you'll pass an MOT with only one in place. (Or none, or three etc...)

The only thing that'll cause issues with the law is the number plates, but if you only use them as show plates and keep a set of UK spec ones in the boot you'll have no probs.

Nice work so far, keep us posted with the updates! :good:

Not sure about Mini-lites on a Golf... are they the correct fitment?

And are you sure you've fitted coilovers and not just removed the springs altogether?! Theres no way you'll be able to drive it like that. Take a picture of the front wheels, you must have about 5 degrees of steering left!

Edited by Schern

see you didnt bother removing the tyers first then. or do they need new tyers before the MOT lol get a body kit and tint the windows :P

keep us updated.

It wouldnt tell the correct speed unless its been adjusted (if they can be?)

Aye I know m8 been in motor trade all my life dad has a garage and i did spannering for first 10 years of my life /me see's problems when its test time Not so clued up with RC but learning very quick but know full size well...

Daz

Edited by The_Intruder

Gone far too much on the lowering side there fella. Look below, ive lowerd mine by 60mm and its just perfect.

My MK2.

GTI Big bumpers and a custom install of power steering of the GTI is next on the agenda.

img5124ff9.jpg

Edited by madmanluke