• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Supplier of RC cars for bulk order

carsey

Hi,

I need to buy roughly 44 RC cars that cost under £100 including the radio gear. These cars must be in kit form as they are required for a team building challenge at school. These cars must be of a decent specs which have good handling and a good speed.

The cars do not have to have many hop-ups as they wont require any modding.

Does anyone know of any suppliers where i can bulk order these RC cars or offer me a good deal for the cars I require.

Many Thanks....Chris

Hi,

I need to buy roughly 44 RC cars that cost under £100 including the radio gear. These cars must be in kit form as they are required for a team building challenge at school. These cars must be of a decent specs which have good handling and a good speed.

The cars do not have to have many hop-ups as they wont require any modding.

Does anyone know of any suppliers where i can bulk order these RC cars or offer me a good deal for the cars I require.

Many Thanks....Chris

Hi Chris, Try GoldstarStockists (.co.uk?) they advertise in RadioRacecar mag various Tamiya TL01 chassis cars for £99 inc radio/battery & charger. With such an order you should get some extras (paint/fast chargers) thrown in.

TheTL01 should give good even racing on the playground as well.

Rgds Kevin

Thanks for your replies.

I have already contacts Gold Star stockists and recieved a rather chekky reply from them. I think they dont have enough stock of a similar chassis for me. IMO throws BULK PURCHASE out of the window making it totally pointless.

Ill contact Modelsport now and hope i get more of a decent reply.

Chris,

If you want a simpler build with more emphasis on the racing, look at Mardave V12's (mardaveracing.com) they are very robust but I think you will be pushed on budget.

Speak direct to Chris @ Mardave & you may crack a deal.

Kevin.

Are you looking for touring cars or buggys ?

Onroad or offroad I mean?

Schumacher Racing.

Have a look at that page. about half way down you will see these.

Electric - Off Road Cars MBX1B A-Tech BX-1 Buggy 1-10 RTR; Blue £93.61

I know they did touring cars as well but I dont see them listed now but if you were looking at getting that quantity then i am sure they locate them for you. :whistling:

Hope that helps you. :good:

Schumacher Racing.

Have a look at that page. about half way down you will see these.

Electric - Off Road Cars MBX1B A-Tech BX-1 Buggy 1-10 RTR; Blue £93.61

These cars must be in kit form as they are required for a team building challenge

It says the A-Tech is RTR so I don't think it's what he needs :(

Thanks for the replies guys.

I think that this may have to be a special import from Tamiya as GoldstarStockists claim that:

Basically, we took all the stock the importer had left at the end of

January - there are no more at that price, cheapest price in the far east

with shipping comes up higher.  I have asked them if they can get more from

Tamiya, but the only TT01s they still have in the Japanese warehouse are the

2006+ issues which all retail at £79+ for the kit or a minimum of approx

£120 for the deal.

Talking to the importer, every other dealer buys 2's and 3's or at a push

6's.  Noone is going to have any quantity left of these cheaper kits now.

They only import approx 72 of each kit at a time in any event, the market is

vastly smaller that you would imagine.

Well, i presume that considering I would only need to be running about 5 cars on the track at any one time, I would only need to get 5 full kits that included a charger, reciever and transmitter and a battery. This would then allow me to swap the stuff from car to car as they would want to race. Can anyone spot any flaws in that??

There are many school clubs running Mardaves. I can atest to their durability and are a very simple kit to assemble and maintain.

The standard Mardave kit at about £55 includes a speed controller.

You could mount the reciever on velcro and swap them about.

It would be best to dedicate a pair of servos to each car as they are not so easy to swap out and would need setting up each time (not worth saving the cost).

I bagged 4 servos for £12 on Ebay which makes each car sit at £61.

add to that 5 radio combos for about £30ea, 5 batteries at £9ea, 5 chargers at £20 (or get the physics dept to run an electronics 'build a charger' project) and you have a fun racing series.

With Mardaves there is a chance for the children to personalise and add art curiculum in when decorating the shell.

As the last post says with Mardave you are also waving the flag.

Kevin.

It would be best to dedicate a pair of servos to each car as they are not so easy to swap out and would need setting up each time (not worth saving the cost).

I bagged 4 servos for £12 on Ebay which makes each car sit at £61.

add to that 5 radio combos for about £30ea, 5 batteries at £9ea, 5 chargers at £20 (or get the physics dept to run an electronics 'build a charger' project) and you have a fun racing series.

why does it need 2 servos?

did i read it correctly, you need 44 cars for £100 each? making a total of £4,400?

It looks like its going to have to be mardaves then. Is there a wide variation in the shells?? I planned to get them to customize their own shell how ever they want and run a seperate competition based off the best shell.

Whats a MSC servo??

I planned on getting some cheap servo's, roughly £6.00 from the servoshop.co.uk as itll save a lot of time swapping them around and the risk of loosing screws etc.

What would i need to purchase extra if I was to go with any of the Mardave kits??

Such as if I bought the V12Club chassis for £54.95. What would I expect to get with this kit?? It says I get a speed controller but whether this is ESC or MSC i dont know.

Weather its an msu or esc all you'll need extra is a radio set like this and then a 4 cell battery pack and charger to power it all.

I believe it will come with an MSU, which is probably better for your application as this will involve some assembly and it will be easier for the kids to understand how the electronics work :)

A 3300mah battery pack will set you back around £8.50 . The charger you decide to get is up to you, you could try and get an expensive one to charge multiple packs, or spend less and get a couple of cheaper chargers.

Edited by Hpi_matrix_stock

Yep, thanks.

I thought of 27mhz as I was told that 40Mhz are prone to a bit of cross interference.

£250 max should cover 7 sets of radio gear for each channel in 27mhz.

£2417 will get me 44 of the V12Club including speed controller (what type??) and a choice of shell. (I might be able to get some knocked off that due to it being a large order, hopefully)

Then however much it will be for the batteries and other accessories, paint, masking tape (bulk order on ebay) and whatever else i need. Have I missed anything??

Yep, thanks.

I thought of 27mhz as I was told that 40Mhz are prone to a bit of cross interference.

£250 max should cover 7 sets of radio gear for each channel in 27mhz.

£2417 will get me 44 of the V12Club including speed controller (what type??) and a choice of shell. (I might be able to get some knocked off that due to it being a large order, hopefully)

Then however much it will be for the batteries and other accessories, paint, masking tape (bulk order on ebay) and whatever else i need. Have I missed anything??

Im 99% sure it will be an MSU, which as I said before is probably better for what your doing. You've missed charger(s) from your list but other then that you seem to have it covered.

I think the kits come with a motor but it doesnt say, if they dont you could always go for the V12R Mini Stock that do.

You may want to take into account you'll need different crystals for each radio.

I wish my school did something like this when I was there :(

Edited by Hpi_matrix_stock